<<< SmartsTVs Samsung, Sony, LG, are not able to open the Emby through the TV's browser >>>

sendtv

sendtv

I wanted to report that SmartsTVs Samsung, Sony, LG, are not able to open the Emby through the TV's browser, this occurred after the latest updates, can help me?

FrostByte

Just tried using the web app on my Samsung TV and all I get is a gray background and the Emby symbol in the top left.   I have been able to connect to and browse my Emby Server in the past, though I have never played media using the Samsung web app

http://pastebin.com/LtV9KW7B

Deihmos

I just tried on my LG TV for the first time and it played fine. Not sure how anyone can use over dlna or a dedicated device.

I just tried on my LG TV for the first time and it played fine. Not sure how anyone can use over dlna or a dedicated device.

They're trying to use the browser with the web client. Is that what you did, or was it dlna?

I used the web client. It worked fine but these tv browsers are crap to me. 

what year is your tv?

FrostByte

Agree 100% on the smarttv web apps sucking (even with a mouse and keyboard) and I only use it for testing.  Too many other choices out there.  I probably haven't tried it in ~ a month so not sure when it stopped displaying.  I'm using a 2013 Samsung F series tv

Edited by FrostByte