EMBY SERVER INSTALL FAILS

70RS-SS
Go to solution Solved by 70RS-SS,

70RS-SS

First post here so not sure if is the proper place

Had to uniinstal Emby server and Emby for WMC due some stupidity on my part

Cannot reinstall Emby server , keep getting Apllication cannot be stared. contact application

Can log in here ok but can not install from website either

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Emby is my the program I prefer, as have tried to use KODI but it is too mind bogling to setup properly

vendorPLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows             : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime     : 4.0.30319.34209
    System.Deployment.dll         : 4.0.30319.34244 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    clr.dll             : 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    dfdll.dll             : 4.0.30319.34244 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    dfshim.dll             : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
    Deployment url            : http://mb3admin.com/downloads/release/server/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application
                        Server        : cloudflare-nginx

IDENTITIES
    Deployment Identity        : MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application, Version=3.0.1.28, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8428cf6f04387490, processorArchitecture=x86

APPLICATION SUMMARY
    * Online only application.

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of http://mb3admin.com/downloads/release/server/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
        + Activation failed.
        + The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [7/20/2015 10:13:29 PM] : Activation of http://mb3admin.com/downloads/release/server/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application has started.
    * [7/20/2015 10:13:29 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [7/20/2015 10:13:29 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Activation)
        - Activation failed.
        - Source: System.Deployment
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
            at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.IO.FileNotFoundException
        - The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
        - Source: System.Deployment
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    * Transaction at [7/20/2015 10:13:29 PM]
        + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata
            - HRESULT: 0x0
        + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreTransactionOperationType (27)
            - HRESULT: 0x0

• Solution
70RS-SS

Thank you for the quick reply

This where the stupidity on my part comes in

Have NORTON INTERNET SECURITY  on computers and it is always giving me grief when updating to new versions.

Had turned off the NORTON to upadte and forgot to turn it back on

Needless to say I got hit with a bug and in trying to remove the problem I accidently must have deleted the clickonce

feature in WIN7.

So now it is going to be a fresh clean install of WIN 7

Have read posts about tv actor images missing and slow loading of them in EMBY CLASSIC and have been having

that problem also but that is apparently going to be rectified , so reinstalling WIN 7 is all I am going to concetrate on

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, everyone who see the EMbY setup is impressed with it

Again thank your for your help !!!!!!!

We have reported it to Symantec so hopefully in the future they'll stop doing that.

• 4 months later...

Have dumped Horton for Bitdefender Internet Security and having much easier time with upgrades from EMBY

just have to  click on allow and upgrade installs without screwing up the program and settings.

looking forward to the NEW EMBY THEATER , , still like EMC to .

So shall see how the two compare when EMBY THEATER ARRIVE.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

• Like 1