what's the best external player for Blu Ray contents?

dannieboiz

dannieboiz

I recently took the plunge and updated all my home computers to Win 8 and reconfigure my servers. Only thing missing now is an external player to play all the ripped Blu Ray. Was wondering what's everyone using that integrate with Emby nicely. 

AdrianW

To answer your question I think people will need to know the format of your ripped Blu rays. ISO, folder or mkv ?

If you are talking BD folder rips (ISO or bdmv) the best thing to do is convert them.  ArcSoft discontinued their player and others will probably eventually follow suit.

pdebelak

PowerDvD15 Ultimate is what i use with Emby for Windows Media Centre and it is great. Plays all file formats including H265 and ISO's natively. I have hundreds of my BluRay 3D dvds ripped as ISO to my NAS and PowerDVD handles them without the need for an ISO mount program.

Converted all mine to MKV (main movie + HD audio track + forced subs if applicable). I use MPC-HC for playback, along with LAV + MadVR. It works faultlessly, and takes up way less space than a full ISO.

• Like 1