Sharing Collections

manf0001

manf0001

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been posted already, I was unable to find it.

I'm wondering if there is a way to share collections with other users on the emby server?  I'm running Version 3.0.5621.4

What I'm looking to do, is to create a Marvel collection with having the marvel movies in a time line of sorts, but would also like other users to see it as well.

Is this possible, or do I have to rename the titles in the main library to put it in an order that I want.  Like Marvel Movies 1: Iron Man, Marvel Movies 2: The Incredible Hulk.. etc..

Thanks

PBzeer

Since it's points to the movie, it uses it's sort title as well. If you want them sorted differently, I believe you'll have to make your own Collections folder and copy the movies  (the folder) into it, rather than just point to it in you Movie Library.

Collections/

Marvel Movies [boxset}/

Iron Man

The Avengers

Etc.

Then use the metadata manager to assign sort order.(such as MM01, MM02). You can probably set the sort to timeline, but I've never tried that, and don't know if it's global or local.

I'd certainly wait and see if anyone has a better way before putting in the time.

Koleckai Silvestri

Just go into your Movies view and click "Collections". Add a new Collection named "Marvel Universe" or whatever and add movies to it. Collections will sort by release year with the default settings.

http://imgur.com/raeYvVk

I've attached the XML file for the collection. I don't even know the locations of the movies on my file. They could be in one of three different shares. Luckily when you use metadata instead of folder structure for organization, location doesn't matter.

If you want smaller collections, install the Auto-boxset plugin and it will build them for you but you can create any collection you want on the collections screen. I have over 100 different collections set up currently.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

manf0001

Ok thanks.. that's good to know.

Where did you find the artwork you are using for your Marvel Universe collection?  ie: Banner and cover art (with the exception of the movies of course)

Thanks

I've attached the XML file for the collection.

Very interesting - you have TV shows in your collections. Do they show up in episode order (release date) or release year? Specifically, does Winter Soldier and Dark World hit mid-season on Agents of Shield?

I had tried with New Who (creating a collection of Dr. Who, Torchwood and the MJ Chronicles) but it didn't appear to interleave the episode unless I manually added them one by one. I would totally create a Marvel Universe Collection and the aforementioned Who collection (probably with the originals) if it was easy to do the way I would want too view it.

Koleckai Silvestri

Ok thanks.. that's good to know.

Where did you find the artwork you are using for your Marvel Universe collection?  ie: Banner and cover art (with the exception of the movies of course)

Thanks

Google.

Very interesting - you have TV shows in your collections. Do they show up in episode order (release date) or release year? Specifically, does Winter Soldier and Dark World hit mid-season on Agents of Shield?

I had tried with New Who (creating a collection of Dr. Who, Torchwood and the MJ Chronicles) but it didn't appear to interleave the episode unless I manually added them one by one. I would totally create a Marvel Universe Collection and the aforementioned Who collection (probably with the originals) if it was easy to do the way I would want too view it.

The shows and the movies aren't interwoven. Each series shows up in its own chronological order. You might be able to show movies where they occur in the series using the Specials folder and symlinks. I haven't tried.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri