Tested version 1.1.15

justpig

justpig

This is a report of my experience with the beta version 1.1.15. After updating did a database reset and then tried to resync it failed on my movies, so I removed movies from the users account; the addon then synced the database. Tried a number of files and the resume function was all over the place; sometimes dead on the mark at other times seconds ahead. Tried adjusting the jump back settings on resume and that did not help still had issues with the resume point. I have a log for the sync issues but forgot to get a log for the resume issues.

kodi_2.log

Angelblue05

@@justpig Thanks for your report back 

The log is useless - it shows nothing but version 1.1.13....Also make sure you set your emby for Kodi add-on debug on to level 1. Please redo and recapture a new log. It's greatly appreciated. As for the resume, can you tell me where you started the playback? Via a widget or inside your library? The jumpback is only applied when we create the bookmark. This means if a bookmark was already set, and you changed the jumpback, it would only be applied when a new bookmark is created. It's the only way to have it applied to both plugin and direct paths...

Edited by Angelblue05

justpig

Ok. Will update to 1.1.15 again and do the debug log. I tried resuming from within the library not a widget. I have never used the bookmark feature.

Angelblue05

don't worry about the bookmark lol, the add-on creates it automatically :) I just meant that you'd need to hit play/stop again to create a new one for the new jumpback value to be applied, I hope this makes more sense.

Edit: I think I see the resume issue. I will investigate further. Please still let me know for the sync and what it failed on.

Edited by Angelblue05

justpig

Here is a log of from trying to sync.

If I remove movies from the user's account it syncs fully; however enabling movies on the account results in it failing.

kodi.log

Edited by justpig
  • Like 1

justpig

Okay the resume is happening most times ahead of the time. I tried to move the jump back counter to 0 and it still jumps ahead but by about 3 - 4 seconds. It is quite weird because sometimes it is spot on, then it jumps back and then forward. Will continue to test and note the when in the video it does what.

Angelblue05

@@justpig

Since we pull the resume point from Emby, can you compare the resume time between the webclient and Kodi. Let's say the resume point is 9:56, open the video in webclient at 9:56 then start the content in Kodi and let us know if it's the same point when you hit resume. I'm still trying to find the discrepancy....

Edited by Angelblue05

CBers

I have the resume jump back set to 0 and resumes appear to be working OK.

I've resumed probably 3 or 4 videos since 1.1.15 was released without issue.

• Like 1

justpig

Okay the behaviour is very strange. The web client resumes from the exact point. Using kodi it fluctuates at times it is exactly at other times it is 3 - 4 seconds ahead with jump back set to 0. However with jump back set to 10 it jumps ahead by 10 seconds rather than jump back.

Angelblue05

@@justpig tell me, are you giving a few seconds before trying resume again, after stopping playback? Because the way it works is Kodi sets a bookmark when you stop playback. Then we overwrite this bookmark with the adjusted value (minus the jumpback value). This is for when you said it jumps ahead - there is no where we add to the time. Only substracts so I'm thinking maybe that's what you seeing?

Edited by Angelblue05

justpig

Okay did a few more tests, it appears I was not giving the database time to compress (update). If I leave it until the database compresses it goes back 10 seconds. Will continue to test.

• Like 1

CBers

The sync process does sometimes take a few seconds to start and update the Emby server.

If for example you want to mark an item watched and then unwatched (or vice versa), it's not an instant sync - it can take a few seconds to actually start.

Angelblue05

Yes, this is because the sync/update process is bound to your Emby server messages. When we report to the server that playback stopped, the server then sends a message saying playback stopped for this item, which we then update with the bookmark. So this maybe take a few seconds. I have an idea how to increase the speed of the process, but we have to take it step by step, right? :)

CBers

If that's in reply to my post, I'm talking about using the context menu where you can mark an item as watched/unwatched.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ah my bad. Well that reminds me, the same thing used to happen with the watched status. We used to depend on the server message to apply it. But then we moved it so it's linked to the playback stopped process. So it's quicker. We can do the same for bookmarks, but I like having that mini window, incase you accidentally stop playback and want to keep going exactly where you stopped, without the jumpback.

Edited by Angelblue05

justpig

Thanks for the updates and fixes; so far all has been working great. I have tried the masterlock with two profiles and so far all has worked perfectly. Will continue to test.

• Like 1