Pausing live tv. Yay sports!

farside847

farside847

Carry over from a live TV thread over here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/10368-how-long-can-i-pause-live-tv/&do=findComment&comment=229526

Getting ready for the new NFL season, and I would really like to watch my games live (or close to it).

When I use the browser client, I can pause live tv for 20 minutes and when I came back it resumed perfectly.

On my roku, if I pause live TV for 1 minute it will resume. But if I pause for 4 minutes it fails to resume and just jumps back to the chanel detail screen. I remember last NFL season this worked perfectly.

I have tried disabling dlna.

Could this have something to do with the recent changes that closed roku live TV streams automatically they stay running too long for some reason?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

farside847

I have also tried selecting the record option on the roku app instead of play. The show does start to record and I can see it in the recordings folder in the app. But I can't play it until the show is over. For football games this could be 3 hours long. Is there a play to start playback while it is still recording?

Thanks!

farside847

this should be resolved for the next release of the server.

Holly cow, awesome! Will this resolve the pausing of live tv, or the playback of shows currently being recorded, or both?

Than you!!!