Sports team handling?

scanner50

scanner50

Looking into migrating our TV DVR system to an Emby solution, possibly utilizing a Windows 7 laptop with WMC and the serverwmc plugin for the time being until other reliable solutions emerge (not sure if EmbyTV is viable yet as a rock-solid stable setup).

Anyway, we like to watch a lot of football and track pretty much every Florida pro and college team. The one nice thing about our current setup is that we can just tell it which teams we want it to track and it will automatically record every game for us, regardless of channel. Does ServerWMC or EmbyTV do something similar?

scanner50

No, DirecTV. Ready to leave them though. Would be great if that kind of feature could be integrated into Emby somehow.

krustyreturns

Curious how you specify that you want to watch "Florida pro and college" games in DirectTV.  Do you actually specify the team names, or what?

scanner50

Yeah, under their Search section is a Sports entry, in there is My Teams where you can choose the teams you want to track and it automatically records every game available that those teams will play in, across all channels available. It's pretty slick.

EDIT: To elaborate more, it seems to know when a given team is playing certain games even when the teams aren't in the title or description of the game's EPG listing, so it must be pulling that info from somewhere else?

Edited by rainking430

krustyreturns

Thanks for the info.  

Well, in the wmc database you have to pull the team names from the episode title, I guess because the game is an 'episode' of NFL football, for example.  It would be best to add this feature to emby so that all the addons can do it, but I might look at adding it to swmc too.  It would come in handy for me before the nfl starts up.  In the last rev we put in some code to schedule automatic recordings on certain channels during specific time intervals - I think this could be re-purposed easily to do this too.

farside847

Yay Sports! (gotta have my football!).

Seriously though, this would be an AWESOME feature. Especially if it can be used by all the live TV plug ins. :)

• 4 weeks later...
scanner50

In my ongoing (but slow) quest to find our next TV solution, I did find out that other platforms (Uverse, TiVo, etc) use keyword searches, if that might help anyone get this feature implemented. 

BTW, is there an update on this? Do I need to post in the Feature Request section to make it more visible?

krustyreturns

For serverwmc we are implementing wishlist (i.e. keyword) recording.  Hopefully it will get out in the next release.

Gustovier

Sagetv (which just had its open source release) does this as well you set up a favorite team and kit will automatically record all games with that team. It's great for football. So that would be an awesome feature here.

Vidman

So the EPG would have to have the team name in the title for this to work right, I know that here in Australia the EPG for finals rounds will sometimes not have what teams are playing