AVG has just started to delete Emby

Gulch
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

I noticed in a previous post that Norton had suddenly started deleting Emby. Since the last update AVG is now doing the same. I can't seem to add an exception as the programme has to be installed first. Any ideas ?

• Solution
Happy2Play

Possibly disable AVG, install Emby, then re-enable AVG and create exceptions.

• Like 1

badaas

MSE works fine..

My mate doesn't run an AV at all.. I scan it every now and then with malwarebytes and all is well :)

But his work PC with an AV got cluster f#@@ed recently, makes you wander with all these NSA/Hacking Team leaks that really everyone is installing a universal backdoor on their PC... /puts_tinhat_back_on

:P

plazma

+1 for running Microsoft security essential on a dedicated emby server, its not the best but its very light weight and for experience AVG doesn't do that well to offer protection (but that's just my experience).

I was previously running endpoint on the machine (I cloned my emby vm from a base image that had it installed), although this also never gave me issues (some have reported Norton internet security problems recently so I don't know if this does or doesn't also effect endpoint) but as I had it installed with the firewall module I removed to re-install but stop and put on mse instead as its a bit more light weight.

Cheers guys - disabling AVG, adding the exception, then reinstalling Emby seems to have worked like a charm