Slow Sync?

llamagoesbleat

llamagoesbleat

I'm running Kodi via Openelec on a Chromebox and when I wake up the machine from suspend, it takes around 3 minutes to sync even if nothing has changed. I have around 450 Movies and 185 tv series with 9000 episodes in my library.

Is there any way to speed up this process? Could I have setup something incorrectly that is causing it to sync so slowly?

marcelveldt

First of all.. I don't think 3 minutes is slow. It's running on the background so you do not have any clue that it is busy and it won't disturb you from using Kodi at the same time.

The speed depends on a number of factors, the most important is the speed of the machine you're running Kodi on, your Emby server performance and networking speed.

Besides that. At startup/resume from suspend Emby will always do a full sync, meaning that all items from your library get compared in order to get the database up to sync.

Currently that was the only way to get it right but in a future version we might change this so that only the actual changed objects will be checked but this will require modifications on the serverside so do not expect it to arrive anyday soon. At least you know it's on our radar ;-)

xnappo

Like Marcel said.. The Chromebox is running on a fairly slow processor (for data crunching) so this is expected.  I would imagine the idle current of that box is quite low.. So you might just leave it on all the time.

There are ideas we are discussing to make it faster, but nothing very soon.