Cast Crew, metadata doesn't work; well not as you think :(

badaas

badaas

All gone, zero actors, nothing.?

TV actors are there.

:(

Edit: an advanced refresh of movies seems to have kicked something back into life, they're back. They seemed to vanish after adding 2 new films. The 2 new films had actors but all others vanished, then all actors for all films vanished..

Edited by badaas

berrick

Hi everyone,

there seems to be a lot of problems around cast, crew and metadata.

I may have missed some info somewhere so I await to be educated BUT looking into the problems I am expirencing I noticed there is no standard as to which metadata format is used. 

For example. For a TV series you can have both xml, nfo or neither and you can decide whether xml or nfo you prefer to use for metadata on a first come basis. Yet for a season you can only use nfo?

NOT using nfo or xml

I, as others are finding cast and crew info isn't being displayed (this is also the case with the stable release). From what I have found in my particular case it depands on how you refresh your metadata.

• If for example, I perform a refresh by clicking on the "refresh" tab in metadata then cast and crew info appears and if possible will include the role a particular actor played.

• If i perform a refresh using "advanced refresh" and select "local refresh only" it wipes out cast and crew

Using xml and nfo

• If i perform a refresh using "advanced refresh" and select "local refresh only" it creates the repective files but no cast and crew info

• If I perform a refresh by clicking on the "refresh" tab it creates cast and crew

• If i perform a refresh using "advanced refresh" and select "local refresh only" no cast and crew info again

Finally if I manually edit a xml or nfo file (enter the role an actor played) this info isn't displayed it gets deleted is this by design?

Edited by berrick
  • Like 1

Tranquil

I'm also having problems with the cast/ crew of tv shows for example.

Emby is showing the cast correctly, clicking on an actor does not show other episodes in any way. Just a short spinning circle and then nothing.

Version: 3.0.5667.6

chenglee

If you add a new movie since the latest version, all the persons involved are shown correctly. If you got the metadata before the latest update, the actors aren't shown correctly. That's what I recognized.

PBzeer

I brought this up in another thread. What happened with mine was all my movie.xml were changed, erasing all the cast and crew data. I've tried substituing xml from my backups, but that get's changed as well. Not sure why it's doing that (I had it all locked).

MrWebsmith

yea... we need dev input here... changes have been done in regard to people/cast/crew and a number of community members are looking for a path forward to get things back to how they used to be.

i'm sure its "on the list" so once someone can officially reply, we can all work together and help each other fix it all up.

PBzeer

But what's going to fix the metadata already affected?

1. Delete the xml and let it rewrite?

2. Copy and paste unchanged xml from backup?

3. Refresh each movie?

4. Something else?

If you have a metadata file missing people then a refresh is the best bet. All others should be fine without any action.

PBzeer

I've checked about 50 out of 524 and so far, it's gone from all of them, so I guess the best way is going to be to just delete the folder from my NAS and recopy it back from the backups (time consuming, but at least it's automated), or just do 'em all manually. Any time frame on when it will go from dev to beta?