Syncing rarely triggers

ctrlaltdefeat

ctrlaltdefeat

I've been having some difficulties with getting syncing to start.

Can someone explain the conditions needed for syncing to start?

Because at this moment it's not even syncing after hours of inactivity(zero user input on both the server and the phone devices)

AshranPewter

I had this problem for a while, one is an issue I can't fix that has to do with subtitles failing and halting all sync for those files and the other was the files ready to transfer and never doing that. I had to reinstall emby from scratch on both my phone and my server. The server one was annoying because I had to uninstall manually by deleting files because the uninstaller always crashes and fails.

currently it only syncs on wifi. we'll need to add a setting for that i suppose.

ctrlaltdefeat

It seems to be that the app has to be active for syncing to (eventually) start.

I recall reading that it should trigger even when the app itself isnt active?

As it is right now, this doesnt seem to happen

Disregard that. Syncing started without the app being active.

Once I am back from vacation I'll try to dig into this more.

Edited by ctrlaltdefeat

ctrlaltdefeat

After doing some digging, it seems like syncing won't start when I set the quality to sync to "Original".

I play my media in MX Player which supports the file types I want to play, so no need to transcode/convert them.

When I set the quality to "High", syncing seems to trigger, BUT only when the app is active and running in background when the phone isn't being used. And when the phone is used AFTER syncing has already started, it will be fully stopped when the Low Memory Killer kicks in, resulting in the file having to be synced from the start again rather than later continuing where it left off.