Non-metadata supported videos, how to use?

aerospyke
Go to solution Solved by PBzeer,

aerospyke

Hi all, what do i do with videos that I have that aren't in the metadata-verse? i.e. fitness videos or something like that? Surely it is possible... maybe something in legacy mode?

aerospyke

Sorry I must be tired, that question didn't make sense.... How do i get pictures or descriptions or anything for them? Is it purely by filename? make an xml file and put stuff in it for description and name the banners as jpgs when I find em?

Create a media folder of type "home videos" and point it to them.

Then you can use the metadata editor in the web interface to provide any metadata you wish.

• Like 1

• Solution
PBzeer

Have you tried using "Identify" in the metadata editor? If it doesn't return anything, then as ebr suggests, you'll have to DIY. Google the title, then use the image tab for any associated pics, once saved (in the video's folder), if they don't show, you can use the upload feature. Be sure to rename the images to the appropriate title (Poster, backdrop, add 1,2, etc(no space) for multiple backdrops). Or you can create your own art.

• Like 1

aerospyke

Cool thanks. Manual metadata and manually named jpg files. I'd mark both answer if I could :-) Didn't know there was a home videos category ...