Poster not being pulled

steve1977
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

steve1977

Following movie is rightly identified with both imdb and moviedb id. however, no poster is scraped, but only fanart. thoughts?

Agent Ranjid rettet die Welt

tt2219188

Thanks!

steve1977

Yes, nothing in the log. This is easy to replicate though. Just rename any movie you have to the movie name and IMDB id as above. It will pull the fanart, but no poster though a poster is clearly available on themoviedb. themoviedb is not down as it is pulling other posters.

There can't be nothing in the log.  Make sure you have debug logging turned on, refresh the item and post it here.

Restart isn't really required it would just ensure that we can see the start up sequence in the log.  That log is still partial.  Attach the actual file.

That log is riddled with errors.  Looks like you have a bunch of bad XML.  Where did your metadata come from?

steve1977

I know where the errors come from. There is one drive that is currently not connected (G:\) and this is where the errors come from (moviescan tries to access a drive that is not connected). I don't think the errors are related to the poster not pulling though. I could remove the drive from the library if this makes trouble shooting easier?

• Solution

what is your metadata language setting? tmdb only has one poster and it's German. if your setting is english it's not going to download a german poster.

• Like 2

steve1977

Ahhhh. Yes, that's the reason and also explains some of the other movies. Thanks!

Any idea how to solve this case? I cannot change the language setting as 95% of the movies are in English. I could probably just manually add this poster. Any other suggestion?

for now that's what you have to do. we could allow the alternate language posters to pass through to the manual image download interface, but not everyone will want the selections polluted with foreign languages.  maybe later we can add a filter to do that.

steve1977

Thanks and agree that many people would probably mind seeing alternative language versions. Maybe the alternative language posters could be visually separated?

One idea to make it a bit easier to allow to set a download link rather than having to download the poster first and then uploading it to MBS. Would save one step.

steve1977

Was thinking again and may indeed be good to include foreign-language posters at the end of the manual selection. May be relevant for more cases / people than I anticipated. Let me log a feature request. Thanks for considering to implement!