Cast & Crew Issue

misterkev

Happy2Play

Did you read post 17?  Those are you options right now with this release.

moviefan

Yes I've tried a "folder level refresh" and it did nothing.

I don't use nfo files.

The .xml files have all the correct info in them.  When I click on the movies they display all the correct actors.

It's just the clicking on an actor that doesn't work.

It's supposed to gradually correct itself?  Over how long of a period?  Is there a release I can go to that fixes this?  

I am confused and disappointed about this decision to leave long time users with broken functionality and not provide any pathway to fix it or timeline for doing so in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat... I have some images, some not.  Movie refresh does not grab them, have to manually go actor by actor to get images.  While actor images aren't the end all be all, confused and concerned as to why it's not seen as a legitimate issue...

390x99xdsa

This is a big issue. Same sort of problem.  Refreshing / Advanced Refresh (tried both multiple times) doesn't completely fix it.  It's a somewhat more complete, but not 100%.  Kate Winslet doesn't show her being in Titanic, but if I look at Titanic, she's there. So it's time for the devs to really fix it.  No new features until the main browsing (by any category such as actor) works.  That means buidling a new function to re-index the local relationships between movies and actors.

I posted this on the Kodi sub forum but I think the question is more suited here.

what I have found is only about 10% of my collections show "people" images in Emby client server metadata manager and those movies do populate in the Kodi skins as cast members so the link between Emby and Kodi is working. 

This now points to the real issue of why Emby client server is not scraping correctly and finding "people". Looking at the metadata for the movies that are missing people, they all have external ID's such as IMDB and themovieID identified correctly and all the other information about the movie is there except people, I have done refresh people but no change.  

Thx

bw

Edited by bnwbass
  • Like 1