Wrong movie identified

steve1977

steve1977

Following movie is wrongly identified by MBS. I thought that my folder and file name is right, but somehow still idenitifies a wrong movie. Any thoughts why?

L:\Adam and Eve (2005) [480p dvd]\Adam and Eve (2005).avi

The name of the film you are looking for is "National Lampoon's Adam and Eve".  That is why it isn't finding it.

If you change the folder to the name I indicated it will more than likely be found.  Or, you can just enter the proper id in the edit page and refresh.

There isn't any other way to deal with these edge-case items that have multiples or strange names.

steve1977

Thanks for your message. It is sometimes referred as such, but IMDB and TMDB show it without the "National Lampoon's" addition. I am now renaming the folders exactly in the way they show at IMDB and that's why I am surprised that they don't scan properly:

Adam and Eve 

(2005)

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/53928-national-lampoon-s-adam-eve

Adam and Eve (2005)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0391728

steve1977

Thanks. You will be right that it will identify once I change to the name you indicated. However, I am curious what is the proper name that I should enter. This is quite important as I actually changed my naming convention to match MBS. So, I took exactly the same spelling and writing that was on IMDB. And by chance, this is identilcal with TMDB. Is the API different from the IMDB/TMDB naming convention? You know what I mean?

IMDB does not matter.  We use TMDb.

For most items, a very close approximation of the name will work.  For something like this, where there have been about 20 movies with that basic name made, it gets more difficult.  You can see in the tmdb url the name they are expecting.

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/53928-national-lampoon-s-adam-eve

steve1977

Got it, so you basically go with the "original title" from TMDB, not with the displayed title on TMDB. That's good to know and I will adjust accordingly.

What is the sequence of information used for rescan?

* Folder name

* Movie name

* IDMB ID

* TMDB ID

steve1977

Btw, one additional curiosity, it actually requires the folder name to be the "original title" (i.e., National Lampoon's Adam and Eve), but the scraped name then reflects the displayed name (i.e., Adam and Eve). Should't this be consistent? Either both "original title" or both "displayed title". You know what I mean?

It isn't requiring the original title, that is just one of the ways we can identify something.  Again, you are obsessing over a 1% case here.  This particular item is difficult due to all the different versions of it.  The more specific you can be in naming it, the better we will be able to find it.  Or, just go through and manually enter IDs for these rare cases.

elcabong

what about adding a tag if there isnt a 100% match on the item name..  this would allow us to quickly sort all the titles that need to be manually checked.  i have over 1200 movies, and scrolling through i occasionally find movies that have been mismatched. 

one option could be the tag is only be added if there is a year mismatch for instance, which would help the situation of the OP, and myself for many of my issues i have found.  this would even help if i labeled a movie as year 2012, but i really came out in 2011..  or again, the case above.

elcabong

but i dont usually add 1 at a time, then immediately look at how the info is scraped in, i usually batch add movies as i have time with 5 or 10 additions.  but even with 10 additions, you're correct, its not an issue to manually search (or look at the recently added to ensure they are correct)..  my main problem, is i had over 1200 when i first imported into MBS, so there is an unknown amount of mismatches currently, and i only randomly stumble on them when im using the web interface.   I dont really have time to look through 25+ pages of 50 movies to make sure they are all correct.

unfortunately, im comparing the matching to xbmc's build in scraper (i know, its not the same and shouldnt be used to compare), but i have had <5 known mismatches with the same movies, and have already found 10 issues with the way MBS handles scraping.  and that is after i completely renamed all of my movies to movitetitle (year) using a media based file renamer (which matched/pulled info from themoviedb)

again, definitely a request for the minority at this point, but i think as MBS gains traction and the user base grows, "easy" stuff like this will undoubtedly cause issues with non-tech centric people

• Like 1

what about adding a tag if there isnt a 100% match on the item name..  this would allow us to quickly sort all the titles that need to be manually checked.  i have over 1200 movies, and scrolling through i occasionally find movies that have been mismatched. 

one option could be the tag is only be added if there is a year mismatch for instance, which would help the situation of the OP, and myself for many of my issues i have found.  this would even help if i labeled a movie as year 2012, but i really came out in 2011..  or again, the case above.

if it's only occasional as you say then all you have to do is go to the web client, correct the imdb/tmdb id and click save, refresh.