No themoviedb ID

steve1977

steve1977

This is a very weird issue and I am not clear what's wrong. There are some movies that do not have any posters and fanart. I am looking into what the reasons are and what these movies have in common.

The reason is that they have only an imdb ID, but bot themoviedb ID or the themoviedb is actually the same as the imdb ID (which of course leads to no results).

I am not sure what is the best way to troubleshoot. Maybe let me give you an example:

Movie name: 6 Guns

Folder and file name: F:\6 Guns (2010) [1080p bluray]\6 Guns (2010).mkv

IMDB ID: tt1558576

Any thoughts?

Sorry I misread your post I thought you was saying that the IMDb ID and Tmdb ID where the same numbers or ID.

Just wondering why you have this [1080p bluray] in your folder name as the server will pick up that the file itself is 1080p

Edited by Yogi

steve1977

What you mean by cleaning it manually. I have manually removed the IMDB ID from the moviedb field. Unfortunately, this is not enogh as it does not repopulate the field with the proper ID. Will I have to add themoviedb id manually?

Almost everything.  How are you obtaining that information?  Just re-start your server and do the refresh and then attach the entire log file to your post.

I see us running the xml provider.  Delete any movie.xml that exists and see if that helps.  If not, I'll have to let Luke take a look at it.  That last log is finally the whole thing.

steve1977

Thanks. I have deleted the XML file, but this also does not work.

I think I know what is wrong. Managed to reproduce with this movie, but also with others. Once an IMDB ID is manually added, it does no longer add a TMDB ID. If I manually delete the IMDB ID and refresh, it will add back the IMDB ID and then also add the TMDB ID.

This was not the case in the past, so I believe that this is a recently introduced bug?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
steve1977

Thanks again for fixing this. It now works. Unfortunately, it is not completely fixed yet though. The following movie has an TMDB ID in MBS (nicely identified from folder name), but no IMDB ID (although it exists in IMDB). Refresh also does not add the IMDB ID. Let me know if info sufficient or you want to share a log:

Prep & Landing (2009) [1080p bluray]\Prep & Landing (2009).mkv

Thanks again for fixing this. It now works. Unfortunately, it is not completely fixed yet though. The following movie has an TMDB ID in MBS (nicely identified from folder name), but no IMDB ID (although it exists in IMDB). Refresh also does not add the IMDB ID. Let me know if info sufficient or you want to share a log:

Prep & Landing (2009) [1080p bluray]\Prep & Landing (2009).mkv

Have you tried it without the year? Just "Prep & Landing"

well if there's a tmdb id, then that's generally good enough. we then get the imdb id from data that comes back from tmdb. so either there's a bug or it's just not in tmdb's database for that title.