Cant login remotely using emby for kodi but can using browser or win util

david56gino

david56gino

hi guys

i am trying to let my parents access my emby from their house.

I set them up an account and they can access by signing into the web and using the browser, and can access using the windows client, but when i try to access through the emby for kodi addon it doesnt work. there is a username option on the emby submenu as well as a network username/password option on the playback menu, what do i fill in?. i have tried multiple ways with email address and username and it always says error connecting, invalid username and password but i have verified the credentials in the web and windows util

please help

Deihmos

Enter your external ip or ddns server and the username of the emby user. Change the playback to http and set the bitrate. That's all there is to it.

• Like 1

I had trouble on my initial setup as well. What fixed it for me was entering the IP address of my server for both Primary and Secondary fields then entering a username created on the server. (NOTE: Do not use the username registered with this website since Emby Connect is not supported).

Angelblue05

No. You only need to enter primary server address. If the server is remote to Kodi, then you enter your server's external ip/ddns instead of the local one.

The secondary server address is only if your Kodi needs to reach the same server with a different address - to avoid having to reset resync your library.

The username and password are for the account created on your emby server. Not Emby connect (which are your emby forums credentials)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

No. You only need to enter primary server address. If the server is remote to Kodi, then you enter your server's external ip/ddns instead of the local one.

Weird. I could not get the password prompt to appear with just entering my external IP in the primary field. 

Angelblue05

You probably just needed to restart Kodi after manually entering your address in the field.

I will have to check something about that, but restarting Kodi would do the trick.

Edit: to have the password prompt appear, you need to have a primary server address and a username entered.

however if you cancelled any previous password prompt, you need to restart Kodi. I'll change this behavior for the next build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Hasslehogg

Hi i am the original poster just under my nam rather than my parents login.

I have the IP already entered, but it wasnt working, but if i create a parents local account and use those credentials it should work you are saying?

will give it a try and thanks for the help