ImagicMagic building

Gernash

Gernash

So I have built an environment for Synology

I have the general build with Webp Working

Does anyone know what the configure arguments that are used with emby server i.e. what things image magic need to be able to do.

Using these at the moment.

CONFIGURE_ARGS = --disable-installed --without-perl --without-x --without-fpx --without-wmf --with-quantum-depth=8 --disable-openmp --with-webp --with-jpeg --with-png --with-tiff

Gernash

Here is a log from my server, Can anyone work out if the error is just ffmpeg not being able to deal with webp?

Server seems to works fine atm

Or, after staring into the sun, is that what you get when you close the window to the stream and the client disconnects when using webp in Chrome?

server log.txt

Edited by Gernash

Gernash

On a side note webm works great with Chrome or Emby Theater (full streaming) not much else. Slow transcoding like Emby keeps trying to do webp and not pass to ffmpeg when a client is not capable of it.

I think you are confusing webm with webp. Webm = libvpx for video transcoding. webp = libwebp which is an image format used by imagemagick. libwebp is optional and the server will recover from it's absence. Beginning with the upcoming release, libvpx will only be needed with firefox, but we'll see what we can do about removing it altogether.

Gernash

I generated a libwebp library for imagicmagic, Sorry I kept typing webm and webp because it wasn't 3pm that i posted but 3am.... :) brain was fried.

Webm = libvpx is a part of ffmpeg

So my logs is OK? that is normal when you close the client?

Just checked production server and it does the same thing.

So keeping webp for imagicmagick is good is what i heard, What about Q8 vs Q16 should we have Q8 across the board or for quad Atom and lower and Q16 for i3 and greater?

i woudl just stick with q8. we are not taking advantage of anyting that q16 offers and it will degrade performance.