Roku Library screens lock up/slow

DrivenByDemons

DrivenByDemons

Roku connecting to offsite server using emby connect. Both sites have high speed data connection. No other users on server so it has no load. At the movie/TV show selection screens the roku can lock up or freeze for a full 60 seconds sometimes. Once I get something playing (limited at 4meg) it plays beautifully. No skips or freezes or anything. It's navigating the menus to actually play the damn thing. Any thoughts? I figured slow internet connection but streaming works perfectly. IDK where to start.

can you provide a server log from one of these time periods? with debug logging on (under advanced). thanks.

DrivenByDemons

I captured some logs with debugging turned on while a delay happened on the roku. Should I just copy/paste that here? Is there any personal info in those I need to worry about?

you can attach it here rather than paste it, or you can PM it to me. thanks.

DrivenByDemons

I'm goofing around and think this may be related to the wi-fi. I'm going to try a few things before I waste your time looking at logs. 

DrivenByDemons

Well, I had one collection that would lock things up when I tried to pick a movie in it. I'm guessing it had to be some corrupt metadata or something. I moved the MKV's to new directories and let the metadata rebuild. No problems now. Thanks for offering the quick help.