FLAC files transcoding on Windows 10

Deathsquirrel

Deathsquirrel

I'm running client 3.1.4.325 with server 3.0.5666.2 on Windows 10 build 10162.  When I playback FLAC they are transcoding to 128Kbps MP3.  Is the FLAC playback not yet implemented or do I need to something more?

Happy2Play

Can you verify your StreamingProfile got updated?  Look for  (<DirectPlayProfile container="flac" audioCodec="flac" videoCodec="" type="Audio" />).  If it doesn't contain this, your profile wasn't updated.

Edited by Happy2Play

Vicpa

Hi Deathsquirrel.

As Happy2Play mentioned Check your streaming profile. it is located at C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_77hd5e1v1hqs4\LocalState

Just curios where you running win 10 when you updated to 4.325? or did you update to 10 after. We are trying to help 7 identify why some profiles are/were not updated

thanks

Edited by Vicpa

7illusions

There was an update-glitch from 3.4.0 to 3.4.1 where flac support where added.

Just delete the profile and in will be recreated.

This will be resolved with next update.

Deathsquirrel

Thanks all.  I was already on win 10 when the app update rolled out.  The profile did not get updated as it had no entry for FLAC.  I deleted it, relaunched the app, and the profile did recreate and contain an entry for FLAC.  Now though nothing happens when I click Play on a FLAC track.  Video playback seems fine and playback of iTunes M4A music tracks is fine.

Happy2Play

Vicpa has reported this in the Alpha area also, for 7illusions.

Edited by Happy2Play