Crystal 1.0.8.6 **NOW LIVE**

leedavies
Go to solution Solved by psmc,

leedavies

A few fixes and a couple of new features requested by many of you:

• Poster view now supports vertical mode
  • Backdrop enable/disable works at system level or per folder
  • View settings are now syncing correctly with folders at the same level
  • Coverflow and Thumb now support ROC's rolling disc animation, or you can keep the  cover opening and the disc spinning inside the case animation if you prefer.  The rolling disc doesn't really fit with poster, detail or thumb views in Crystal, so they don't support it right now.  One day maybe.
  • If you turn on director name display, the same alternating mechanism as used for MPAA rating and IMDB ratings is now used for genres and directors - they took up too much space on screen and meant the overview scrolling text had less room and it didn't look great.  The top area of the Crystal info panels (with ClearLOGO/name/MPAA/IMDB/genres etc) has been tidied up a little and things now align better.
  • ClearART now shown when available - the previous Crystal had a bug which made ClearART always invisible
  • EHS collections menu should now align correctly - it could go out of alignment if you only had a few collections
  • A number of behind-the-scenes changes to better handle missing data like episode numbers, rather than expecting them to be there and causing an MBC crash

If anyone has questions or feedback, post in here as always...

Thanks!

• Like 3

leedavies

The tool we plugin devs use to upload new versions of plugins and themes on MB3 appears to be either broken or not liking the Crystal DLL for some reason.

I pinged Luke and am told @@ebr did some work in this area recently.  Just waiting on some info on if there's anything different I need to do whilst uploading, or whether the tool is broken.

leedavies

I've just put a ROC update live and that went up fine.  The Crystal DLL appears to upload OK, but once the upload process has finished, it just isn't there.

We need @@ebr to look into this before you guys can the Crystal update.

leedavies

Sorry for the delay folks.  I still can't get a > 10Mb plugin/theme DLL upload, but the dev team are working on the issue.

Meanwhile, I've done some image optimizing on Crystal and got the DLL below 10Mb in size.

1.0.8.6 really IS NOW LIVE.  Enjoy!

leedavies

Lee on a side note will Crystal be coming out on MBT?

That depends on the MBT userbase.  If it's commercially viable to invest the development effort, then yes.  

• Solution

@@leedavies I just removed troublesome v1.08.5 via program data as no update was spotted by mbc. After update to 1.0.8.6 films i have modified (added artwork or files to) play again as they should and the addition of the ROC spinning disc is a very welcome surprise too.Pat on the back for whoever suggested that one i was thinking the very same thing. Happy out here atm.Cheers!  :D

P.S current version of ROC is also working fine in my W8.1 

• Like 1