Emby Theater not showing up as DLNA device

Maximus Naxsus

Maximus Naxsus

I'm using

- Emby Server 3.0.5641.4 on Server/PC used as play to device

- Emby Theater 3.0.5651.20234 on Laptop/PC used as remote control

- Windows 8.1

- Gigabit LAN (working, I use Input Director to controller my PC's using one Notebook/Laptop.

Problem

Emby Theater is not showing up as 'play to' DLNA device on Emby Server ( WMP is still working and showing up as DLNA device)

This stopped working afther I forget to start the server before starting Theater. Theater asked to confirm a PIN. Me, not paying anough attention, just did what it told me to do. Afther de PIN stuff I notices the server wasn't running.

I all ready tried

- restarting Emby Theater and Server

Any try this or that suggestion is welcome!

EDIT: Allright, Emby Theater is not a 'DLNA play to device'! That was a wrong assumtion.

Also, note, I'am using Emby now for 1 month before that I used the Media Browser version that exepted movies.xml and series.xml. Not sure what was the problem but it kept me from upgrading for 5+ years. Im thinking of going back - I don't like the bling bling of Emby and a lot of input methodes aren't accepted anymore. Like; Typing 'M' to go to the first Title with a 'M' or scrolling to go trow the list in front of you.. etc. I gues I need more time to get used to the 'new way'.

Edited by Maximus Naxsus

Maximus Naxsus

Euhm.. yes it is (/was)!

I loved that most of all, I've set GOM player as external player. I pushed content from Emby Server accesed with my laptop and pushed to Emby Theater.

Your saying that this is not possible?! How did I do this then and how do I get this funcionality back?

Edited by Maximus Naxsus

Maximus Naxsus

Ummm no it is not it is an emby client

How did I managed to get it working then?

Edit: When I clicked 'Cast' it clearly stated 'Emby Theater on Dondersteen' (Dondersteen is the name of my PC).

Edited by Maximus Naxsus

Vidman

I think you are just using the wrong terminology. .it should show as a item to cast to in the web client...but this does not mean it is a dlna device

• Like 1

Maximus Naxsus

I think you are just using the wrong terminology. .it should show as a item to cast to in the web client...but this does not mean it is a dlna device

Probably. Thank you.

Do you have any suggestion how to get Emby Theater back as 'play to device'?

Vidman

Sorry i can't help you there, I've given up on emby theater...at least until the new rewrite is released

• Like 1

Maximus Naxsus

Sorry i can't help you there, I've given up on emby theater...at least until the new rewrite is released

Yer.., I can understand that. So far as I can see now Media Browser blows Emby out of the water in terms of navigation and costumazation.

Thank you anyway, I hope that someone else knows whats going on here.

bret1958

same issue happen out of the blue.. took a reinstall of the os to fix on win7 machine and had to move the server to a different machine. This may not have been the correct fix. But it got my play to working back on all devices and corrected other issues happening on my main win7 machine in my theater... Happened after the latest push of server.

• Like 1

fuzzthekingoftrees

Make sure your firewall on the computer running theatre isn't blocking something. Check in the firewall settings that you are allowing access on private networks and then make sure your network is set as home or work. I just installed theatre on my laptop to check and it shows up fine as a play to device in the web client.

Maximus Naxsus

same issue happen out of the blue.. took a reinstall of the os to fix on win7 machine and had to move the server to a different machine. This may not have been the correct fix. But it got my play to working back on all devices and corrected other issues happening on my main win7 machine in my theater... Happened after the latest push of server.

OK, however, that is not an option for me at this point. Thank you for confirming that this is not just in my imagination! :-D

Make sure your firewall on the computer running theatre isn't blocking something. Check in the firewall settings that you are allowing access on private networks and then make sure your network is set as home or work. I just installed theatre on my laptop to check and it shows up fine as a play to device in the web client.

I'll dubble check that. Not impossible but I find it strange for the Firewall to allow the traffic in the first place and then start blocking after some time goes by..

Thank you guys for your replys!

• 2 months later...