'root' folder displaying on EHS

mentasm

mentasm

Hi,

I was forced to do a rebuild due to windows issues today.

Everything fresh installed.  Emby server settings restored using the plug in.  Everything working well.

I usually use the unwatched view in Emby for wmc but currently I have a folder showing in the TV view labelled root and in it I have all the top level folders in my collection.  I want it gone.

I have legacy browsing configured cos that's how I've always rolled.  Just wondering where this root folder has come from as I have never seen it in using emby for the last 3 or 4 years.

Edited by mentasm

mentasm

OK,

I found where it is that it is displaying, but have no idea what it is or why its displaying:

C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\root\default

In here there is a a folder for each of my media folder (tv shows, movies, recorded tv and music)

Each of those folders contains an xml, some mblink files and some folder and backdrop images.

For some reason the root item is showing up under 'Unwatched' when I am viewing MY TV shows media folder.  No shortcuts or anything in the actual folder

Maybe you can shed some light?

IN the mean time I've given the new view based option a go and I'm kinda OK with it now, but I can't for the life of me get the default poster image for 'TV', 'Movies or 'Music' to display using IBN

I've created an IBN\General\TV and IBN\General\Movies folder and placed poster.jpg files in them and no luck.

I've tried placing my images in the IBN\views\tvshows and Movies folders and also had no luck' .

The spot I'm trying to see these images is on the right hand side of the Unwatched coverflow when the view is selected at the bottom of the EHS

Any ideas?

Edited by mentasm

Just use the web client.  Edit those views and add the images you want.