Episode showing in 2 seasons

Erik
Go to solution Solved by mboehler,

ok, in the web browser (and MBT due to it). I have one episode that is a special so it is in the season 0 folder. However, it is showing in season 0 and season 18. I have cleared its metadata, refreshed it, checked it is correctly has the metadata for season 0 episode 43.

And the strange part, in the web browser when I browse to season 18 and click on the episode that shouldn't be there and click edit, it takes me to season 0 episode 18 (the correct place) to edit the data.

Not sure what to try next.

Thanks.

(If you need a screenshot or something let me know)

• Solution
mboehler

ok, in the web browser (and MBT due to it). I have one episode that is a special so it is in the season 0 folder. However, it is showing in season 0 and season 18. I have cleared its metadata, refreshed it, checked it is correctly has the metadata for season 0 episode 43.

And the strange part, in the web browser when I browse to season 18 and click on the episode that shouldn't be there and click edit, it takes me to season 0 episode 18 (the correct place) to edit the data.

Not sure what to try next.

Thanks.

(If you need a screenshot or something let me know)

That is expected behavior with server version 3.0.50693.18843.  See here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-6-new-server-beta-30506918843/.  The api now supports specials within seasons, and support has been added to the web client. Ask the developer of your favorite Media Browser app to support this.

Hmm.. I'm not actually sure how to disable this.  I haven't tried to before, because I actually prefer it set this way. :)

• Like 1

Ah, I forgot that was being implemented. What complicates thing is that the show (top gear). Has some specials, some specials within seasons and some specials within seasons that aren't actually specials, they just called them that.....

That makes it fun.

Quick question, where is it getting the data from to know that's its a special alone or a special in a season, I don't see that in he metadata?

Ok. Thanks Luke and mboehler!

The other shows are all perfect, top gear just has a mis-mash of combinations on this one.

Great work, as usual!

if it aired during season 18 then it's by design. however, there was a bug that was checking episode number, hence the 18 match-up. that was fixed in the last server release so make sure you're up to date.

Tvdb. Its not in the editing interface yet. Specials that didn't actually air are not mixed in, unless of course the data is wrong