Movie Trailer included in collection when Movies is in DVD (video_TS) format

jordy

Hi Luke,  I just added a DVD movie to my collection in DVD file format eg Video_TS folder containing all the VOB files etc. Radeons plugin provided the Trailer and named it correctly but MBS is picking the Trailer up as a movie in it's own right. see below. How can I fix this?  Thanks

528db83c6e772_WWZTrailer.png

strugglez

I don't know why, but this could be a wild guess - The server could be assuming that the trailer is the "movie" because there is actually no other video file within that folder. I have never ripped a DVD folder structure, but I wasn't aware that Mediabrowser was capable of reading the blu ray and dvd folder structure.

I generally encode movies to MKV's, so other than that, I can't help you.

I don't know why, but this could be a wild guess - The server could be assuming that the trailer is the "movie" because there is actually no other video file within that folder. I have never ripped a DVD folder structure, but I wasn't aware that Mediabrowser was capable of reading the blu ray and dvd folder structure.

I generally encode movies to MKV's, so other than that, I can't help you.

I'll bet you are correct with your assumption. If that's the case however, I can't believe no one else has this issue. I have looked to see if there is a special collection category for DVD rips that will not allow this to happen but nothing stands out in the list.

Luke, any observations???

@@jordy for now have you tested putting the trailer in the trailer folder within the movie. So:

Movies\World War Z (2013)\trailers\trailer.mov

@@jordy for now have you tested putting the trailer in the trailer folder within the movie. So:

Movies\World War Z (2013)\trailers\trailer.mov

I know I moved the trailer into a "Trailers" folder after I noticed the problem, but to be honest I can't remember what effect that had, if any. I will try again and let you know.

Ah! I just went to try that and remembered what happened, I use MetaBrowser2 to provide my meta data etc and it renamed the trailer folder and it's contents to some weird movie name that I never heard of and added meta data to it. So I put it all back to original and reported the issue.

I don't want to mess up my meta data so I'm loathe to turn off MetaBrowser and let MBS have a go, because with close to 300 movies and nearly 80 TV Series and sundry other items, if it all went wrong it would take forever to fix...

Edited by jordy

Ah okay. Just something I thought you could try. Never used MetaBrowser so no idea what the options are, but is there not some type of option to turn off trailer renaming?