FR: Change synchronisation interval

CBers

denethor

Actually my main concern was the used data sizes on 3G networks. Like you said it doesn't have any effect on app performance.

It's not that fast on 3G but right now fast enough.

For the record; today I setup Kodi on iOS it wasted 820MB of 3G data. (2000 movies, 3000 episodes, 20000 songs)

Edited by denethor

denethor

Ok I did some tests. Cleaned up data usage stats in iOS, fired up the Kodi and just let it sync without touching anything. It consumed 15 MB of 3G data during the sync for my above library.

Not that much actually.

xnappo

That isn't 'wasted' because you have to do that.  Again, I would use upnp for that use case.

Comment was for your first comment, yes subsequent syncs will be much smaller.

Edited by xnappo

denethor

How do you use upnp over 3g/mobile networks

Good question I tried Bubble UPNP -which I believe the best one- over VPN it couldn't find any of my UPNP servers back at home. I think I need to install BubbleUPNP Server at my home network at least app suggested that way.

• Like 1

denethor

I started to think that every server restart or update causes longer sync times. Looks like it initiate a fully re sync.

What do you think that about my assumption? I disabled auto update and switch back to beta channel from dev. for auto updates to observe the situation and avoid daily restarts/updates

Edited by denethor