Sync doesn't preserve HD audio details

puithove

puithove

Can't believe I haven't noticed this before... the codec details for audio tracks don't come over quite properly.  DTS-HD MA is synced to Kodi as just DTS.  Emby has the data correct.

I'm not sure if the same is true for Dolby TrueHD - I apparently don't have any.

I can see this by finding an item (it's true for both movies and tv episodes) in Emby with HD audio track.  I find the same item in Kodi and see that it shows as "regular" audio track.  If I play the item in Kodi for at least a few seconds and stop it, I'll see that Kodi has changed to displaying it as an HD audio track (Kodi has done its own media analysis at this point).  Then of course as soon as the incremental sync runs, it resets the data back to "regular" overwriting what Kodi detected.

Is it possible to get this working properly?

marcelveldt

Hmmm, we import the streamdetails from the server without really "looking" at it. From the top of my head we just assume the first stream is the correct one. I guess we can add some logic to pick the best stream and import that to Kodi.

Added to our Trello board!

https://trello.com/c/tuYxRXJV/103-pick-best-quality-stream-when-importing-stream-details-to-kodi

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Angelblue05

@@puithove - Thanks, I will simply change it from dts to dtshd_ma. :) I couldn't figure out at the time how Kodi wanted it... turns out I was missing the underscore to make it detect properly.

puithove

Yea, Emby returns codec=dca for all DTS types (which is correct).  You have to look in profile to find "dts-hd ma".  But then in the kodi database, Kodi wants the codec to be dca for regular DTS or "dtshd_ma".

• Like 1

Angelblue05

dca and dts will return dts in Kodi. But yeah that dts-hd ma I couldn't figure out. I will review your pull request.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1