• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TheRealScottR OFFLINE  

TheRealScottR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:41 PM

It automatically logs me in as a particular user and I see no way to change it. I tried signing off in the roku channel, but then I go back in and it won't connect. It says retrieving... for about a minute then just kicks me out of the channel.  The only way I can get it working again is to uninstall the channel and reinstall. Then I'm back to square one again.

#2 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 13852 posts
  • Local time: 03:26 AM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

What is the app version number?

#3 TheRealScottR OFFLINE  

TheRealScottR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:35 PM

Version 2.0

#4 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 13852 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:38 PM

Have you tried going to preferences in the app and turning off Remember User?

Official channel is version 2.0.6

Beta Channel is 2.0.9

#5 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 3989 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:52 PM

da61f40a7e4b55001f40d4cdbc421f7a.jpg

Have you tried the preferences? Remember user defaults to yes.

Edit: got beat to the next puch adding pictures thru Tapatalk..haw

Edited by speechles, 27 June 2015 - 08:13 PM.

#6 TheRealScottR OFFLINE  

TheRealScottR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:48 PM

Sorry, yes I have the latest 2.0.6

Tried adjusting the setting to not remember the user, but it still has my other user signed in.

If I sign out, I can't get back in. Just says "retrieving..." for a while and then kicks me out to the Roku main menu.

#7 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124564 posts
  • Local time: 06:26 AM

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:50 PM

can you try the zip installation? let me know if the problem persists. instructions here:

http://emby.media/co...r-roku-channel/

thanks.

#8 TheRealScottR OFFLINE  

TheRealScottR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:37 PM

Still no luck. Installed the beta. This time it does not kick me out, but it just gives me a never ending Retrieving...

#9 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124564 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:40 PM

Can you grab a lot from the roku?
http://emby.media/co...nt/#entry161309
Thanks.

#10 Maelwys OFFLINE  

Maelwys

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:45 PM

I'm not sure how helpful this is, but I can confirm that I have the exact same issue on a Roku right now. Unfortunately, I'm visiting my parents so can't get any access logs or anything (since it's their Roku), but at least I can confirm that it's not an isolated incident.

The normally connect with their Roku 2 into my Emby server at home, with no problem. This evening I connected in (with their account) with no problem, went to sign out (to change to my own account), and now when I try to launch the Emby app it just hangs on "Retrieving..." as described above. I tried to remove and reinstall the app (to ensure I had the most recent version), which didn't help. Then I tried to install the latest Beta of the app, and it still reproduced the same issue.

It would appear that there's a problem with the central login server that it's trying to connect to (since it's not even prompting me with a chance to login so that it can go looking for my server. A long shot maybe, but is there any chance that it has something to do with the domain name change from mediabrowser.tv to emby.media? 

Anyway, sorry that I can't provide a log or anymore info, but when it's not technically my Roku box, I'd rather not fiddle with side-loading anything onto it for logging purposes. But I can at least corrolate that this is not an isolated issue, and hopefully somebody else with a logged Roku will be able to replicate the issue and give you the logs that you need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users