Emby and media player

PBzeer

PBzeer

With the demise of WMC in Win 10, has there been any thought about making Classic work with media player (which wil remain)? For someone like myself, who only uses Emby for movies and videos, it would certainly be a nice replacement for WMC (which I only use because of Emby anyway).

I'd love to use Theater, but I don't care for the interface.

what would we do with it? you can already access your emby library using it with dlna

Happy2Play

Windows 8 and 10 

DLNA server with Blast alive messages checked.

558c7eef3b251_Network.jpg

558c7f05040fa_Embydlna.jpg

558c7f1949ff6_Movies.jpg

558c7f2be31de_Movies2.jpg

• Like 1

xnappo

But that is a horrible interface with no remote control support.  That isn't going to work.

Honestly you need to:

1. Keep using Windows 8.1

2. Try Emby for Kodi

3. Use MBT

AdrianW

I simply meant using the Classic interface with Media Player instead of WMC.

Not possible - Emby for WMC requires WMC.

PBzeer

But that is a horrible interface with no remote control support.

I don't have any remote control devices. Nor any other device other than my computer using Emby. I use Emby simply for watching movies and videos on my computer (no TV or game boxes or mobiles), and as a means of populating the folders they are in. Adding yet another program to do what is already available, is not something I want to do. Also, I'm on 7 not 8 or 8.1.

As I said before, I'd use MBT, but I find the interface cumbersome and unappealing.

Emby for WMC requires WMC.

I was referring to an interface that looks like Classic, not Classic for WMC. I seems obvious to me, that since Media Player will still be on 10, that it isn't dependent on WMC.

Vidman

I don't have any remote control devices. Nor any other device other than my computer using Emby. I use Emby simply for watching movies and videos on my computer (no TV or game boxes or mobiles), and as a means of populating the folders they are in. Adding yet another program to do what is already available, is not something I want to do. Also, I'm on 7 not 8 or 8.1.

As I said before, I'd use MBT, but I find the interface cumbersome and unappealing.

I was referring to an interface that looks like Classic, not Classic for WMC. I seems obvious to me, that since Media Player will still be on 10, that it isn't dependent on WMC.

But your OP implies you will be using windows 10, also windows media player doesn't have an interface like classic either

It sounds like all you need is kodi to replace wmc, , kodi is more suited to using on a single device and has tons of great skins

Edited by Vidman

xnappo

Just use the web interface then..?

Or again, Emby for Kodi with Titan skin is as close the WMC as you are going to get in 10.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

PBzeer

No plans for making the jump to 10, and as I need XP mode for some stuff, I'll always have at least one 7 machine.

I tried Kodi before the name change, didn't much care for that either, that's how I ended up with MB2.

Reckon I'll just muddle along until Theater is more of a finished product.

Vidman

Well of course that's your choice...but the setup xnappo suggests is very nice as standard and infinitely configurable to your taste

AdrianW

If y

Adding yet another program to do what is already available, is not something I want to do. Also, I'm on 7 not 8 or 8.1.

Seeing as you're sticking with 7 then using Emby for WMC and Emby Server will give you a virtually identical experience to using MB2 and it's tray service. 

Emby Server and Emby WMC can run on the same machine.