Metadata not compiling for other 'Parts'

flcruising
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

flcruising

I've placed my daughter's dance recital under media folder 'Music Videos'. It comes as (3) DVDs from the videographer (about 1 hour each). The one from 2013 had metadata and posters extracted fine. I had the videos in their own sub-folder labeled  "...- Disc 1.m4v, ...- Disc 2.m4v, ...- Disc 3.m4v".

Now come 2015, I originally had them named "...- Part 1.m4v", etc. My wife pointed out that the play options for Parts 2 & 3 are missing in the Android app and Roku. Android lists these as 'Additional Parts'; Roku does not list at all - can't even see them.

Noticing that I had followed a different naming convention, I decided to test. I divided the videos into sub-folders by year, delete nfo files, and scan media library. Sure enough, the server stops after compiling for 'Disc 1', even for the videos from 2013 that had them before. What I'm left is (1) poster and nfo file per folder that is for 'Disc 1' but not the others.

Metadata Manager lists the information for 'Disc 1', with no indication of ability to add the other discs. Did something change along the way that consecutive file names are treated differently? If 'Part #', 'Disc #', or 'Part # of #' doesn't work, what does?

• Solution

If they are listed as additional parts in android then you've named them correctly. Unfortunately not every app has yet implemented playback of the additional parts but it is a planned feature. a workaround in the meantime could be naming them in a way that will not cause them to get grouped together.

I would decide how you want them handled - grouped together or not, and then review the naming guide in the wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming

• Like 1

flcruising

I would like them grouped since they are continuations, but until Roku can handle it I guess I'll experiment with the naming and see if Part X, Y, Z will work instead.

flcruising

It worked; I named them Part I, II, III.

Too back there isn't a setting to revert back to how it used to work since the naming scheme was fine before. Oh well, thanks for the direction.