Clients became slow & unresponsive, images do not load

AlmasKabir

AlmasKabir

Hi!

I'm running the server on a Core i3-3.2GHz with 4MB RAM. It has been running fine until recently. Now, the MBT, MB Classic, Win8 App all fail to load the images of the movies. Interestingly, only the images of the newly added movies and TV Shows are not loading, and the old ones are loading. Also, all the clients have become slow, and frequently give error messages. BTW, the Windows Phone app seems to be working fine!

Could this be because my library has become too big to handle for the server with 4MB RAM?

Please help!

blumamba

Are you using it as a htpc only?  What hdd/sdd are you using?  If the server hasn't generated all the info or obtained all the info that sluggishness will happen.  If you just installed the server it can take a long time in some cases to gleen all the info and extract chapters etc.  Or you could have the streaming set too low?  What is the error message?

AlmasKabir

It is primarily a HTPC, although I use it to download movies through torrent. The server was installed a long time back and was working fine until recently. I know it takes time to load all images for the server, but I have been waiting almost a month now. Only the older images load (not all though), and images of the newly added contents do not! Error messages occur when I click on a movie frame (image box, no image) or try to do anything else. BTW, just noticed that the Metadata Manager is not loading!

Should I uninstall and re-install the server?? I have not done it so far as I know it'll take a l-o-n-g time to scan the entire library! Is there any backup I can take of the scanned library?

Thanx!

Edited by AlmasKabir

blumamba

You may have to uninstall and remove all the leftover folders etc.  I had to do that once way back but its been pretty smooth for me up until the last update.  And yes it took me hours to rebuild the library. I made a copy of my folders incase I have to do that again at some point and periodically make back ups to keep the info current. 

Have you changed or updated your codecs?  I am wondering if that has a part in the error messages?  If you have updated them, confirm the settings and readjust if necessary.  In some cases running more than one codec pack will cause issues too.