Stuck at Retrieving screen on side loaded now tv box

jayc

OK it's a firewall issue. Disabled windows firewall on the server and all good. Is there anything else other than allowing the mb3 service to run?

If it won't even work with a manual setting of the IP address and port then your server isn't running properly. Make sure the server is up and running and accessible. 

Can't find anything that's stopping the service in windows firewall but something defo is. Only thing I can now think of is reinstalling the server software. Just don't fancy waiting an hour or so for it to scan my media again.

Also you might try running the server just normal and not in service mode. See if that changes anything.

Under Advanced in the config menu I've unchecked "run server at startup" I've then exited the service from the tray icon and restarted it via control panel.

Same problem.

Appreciate your help but getting no where and can't see what the issue with windows firewall is. Plenty of other services are allowed through ok.

do you by any chance have UAC disabled? during the server startup wizard we attempt to authorize the server through the firewall but with UAC disabled it generally fails.

Aside from that we need more info. can you access the dashboard from localhost? can you access it from another device?

Hi guys,

I've loaded MB3 on a now tv box today. I tested connectivity at work on my w7 pc and the now tv box connected and found my media (only one mp4 file)

Got home and connected to my network here and it's getting stuck on the retrieving screen. I've got the mb3 server running on a hp microserver with w7 installed. Currently the mb3 server is scanning my media (large collection circa 4TB) but even if I stop the scanning it hangs much the same.

Firewall is set to allow the mb3 application and I can't think of anything else. I've restarted the server, restarted the now tv and even done a factory reset on it and reloaded mb3 client.

First make sure your running 1.16.3 version of the Roku. Next, if the server is scanning for some reason it will not load up when you first up the channel. You basically have to wait for it to finish scanning. Once you scan one time, the next scans shouldn't take very long to complete. I'm assuming it is timing out when trying to retrieve the data because of the server data not being available during the scan.

Yes UAC is disabled. Should this make a difference if the mb3 application is allowed through the firewall and ports 8096 and 8495 are open?

I can access the dashboard from the local host but not from any other devices? With the firewall disabled I could access the dashboard and media browser from my laptop no problem.