Some questions regarding Emby + Kodi setup

ProphetSe7en

ProphetSe7en

Video Nodes worked perfectly. How easy everything is when someone is helping me :D

Tomorrow I have to figure out how to add a widget to "Video Nodes" that also separates the content.

• Like 1

ProphetSe7en

I am using Aeon MQ 5. It really is a nice looking skin, perfect "eye candy" :)

I tried the method of creating a smart playlist. Problem is that I cant add the path must contain to playlist since I am using Emby. I can Howevert create a playlist based on genre and Animation, but this leaves out a lots of movies and add some animated movies that should not be available it that folder.

I will try out the next version when playlist is available to see how that works :)

I have a question regarding the skin I am using.

Is it possible to get the pause menu during playback in Aeon MQ 5 skin to look like it does in the Confluence skin? I really like the easy handling there compared to a large row with red icons in Aeon MQ5. Easy access to subtitles, language and so on, and it looks nicer.

Edited by svortevik

xnappo

In MQ5, you can use the Video Node method.  No sure about your other question.

• Like 1

ProphetSe7en

I edited my last post. It turns out that the reason for playback pause menu had changed was because of changing from Confluense to Aeon MQ 5. 

I would really like to combine them, with everything from Aeon MQ 5 except the pause menu during playback.

xnappo

You can if you want to get into the code ;)

It really isn't all that hard...

Edited by xnappo

ProphetSe7en

I just started using Kodi, so I am not sure if trying to figure this out by coding is the way to go right now. Most likely I will mess up my installation so nothing works anymore :D

Was hoping someone already had this done so I could just copy past it :)

Aeon MQ 5 is a really nice skin, but I really like the easy handling in confluence pause menu compared to a large row with red icons in Aeon MQ5. Easy access to subtitles, language and so on, and it looks nicer.

Just to be clear. This is how I want the pause menu.

http://s132.photobucket.com/user/KroZpOz/media/screenshot002-1.png.html

Edited by svortevik

• 2 weeks later...
denethor

• Tags: Tags is _____ (user view, you can usually browse and select for this option)
  • Create smart playlist: You name it however you'd like, filter with Tags is _____ (this one will allow you to browse). Remember if you

Which tags are you talking about? I was about the open a feature request topic like "sync EMBY tags to Kodi" but came across to this topic with search :)

Angelblue05

Try it for yourself :) create a smart playlist, add rule Tags is and select browse. You will see your user views split into tags under either movies or tvshows.

You can also access then via the videos menu, where it shows genres etc, there will be a section named tags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

denethor

Try it for yourself :) create a smart playlist, add rule Tags is and select browse. You will see your user views split into tags

I only got the tags in below screenshot once I browse for tags. I don't see my actual tags for movies. Tags that I use for movies: Best Director, Best Actress etc.

post-3646-14361824621034_thumb.jpg

Edit:

My tags:

post-3646-1436182700921_thumb.jpg

Edited by denethor

Angelblue05

Ah no, these are not the same! The tags in Kodi are just references to your user view so you can get the same main separation as your webclient's setup.

Edited by Angelblue05

ProphetSe7en

So if I have four folders where my movies/tv shows are located I can separate them using tags in Kodi and create shortcuts to all of them on my home screen?

Movies

Kids Movies

TV Shows

Kids TV Shows

Will the tags be created based on folder structure, or do I have to add tags to the movies manually? Not sure I understand how this works :)

denethor

Ah no, these are not the same! The tags in Kodi are just references to your user view so you can get the same main separation as your webclient's setup.

I think syncing Emby playlists to Kodi Playlist might be the best way to go ;)

Angelblue05

So if I have four folders where my movies/tv shows are located I can separate them using tags in Kodi and create shortcuts to all of them on my home screen?

Movies

Kids Movies

TV Shows

Kids TV Shows

Will the tags be created based on folder structure, or do I have to add tags to the movies manually? Not sure I understand how this works :)

Exactly, all you need to do is create a smart playlist using tags - the tags are set automatically by Emby for Kodi during the sync.

• 4 months later...