New user struggling with images

nycbhoy

nycbhoy

Hi all. Longtime plex user and figured I'd try emby for its kodi integration.

Struggling to get all the images for my movies to be posters. Some are and a lot aren't. No idea what I'm doing wrong. Tried to refresh everything but no luck. Don't want to go through all 150 movies one by one to re identify to get new images.

Help!!!

Thanks

post-15547-14349716567676_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chef

Hi,

In the "metadata manager" use the "Advanced refresh button" after you have selected a top tier media item (ie. 'Movies').

You can also select the advanced refresh button from any of the child folders you have selected, as it will appear for every item in the metadata manager.

If you don't mind using the extra space on your server drives, I would suggest allowing emby to save images locally. This will make sure the images are readily available for the library scans.

This option can be found under the "metadata" configuration in the left slide out menu of the server. Listed as the first option under "Basics".

Note: Sometimes if emby has to scrape all the images from the Internet each time, for large collections it may miss some. In this case it will create a folder image from the video file. This is what you are experiencing. Saving locally will stop that from happening.

After you have used the advanced refresh, run the "Scan Media Libraray" scheduled task.

I hope I have been clear enough to help you. :)

Edited by chef

nycbhoy

Thanks. Tried that before but will try again. Seems to start refreshing and I get the spinning wheel but then nothing seems to happen. Maybe I'm not giving it enough time.

I went in today and reidentified a bunch of movies which downloaded new images so maybe it's a naming thing? I download everything with sabnzbd.

chef

As long as the folder the media file is in has the proper name of the movie/series, then emby should be able to find the proper metadata for it.

Have you had any success with your images?

drakus72

Try going into the metadata editor (this may take a while) and click images --> Browse. You can get the images this way, sorry may take a while, but will get your images correct. 

I had more problems with plex trying to find the right images that emby. I no longer use plex, emby does what I need it to do and does it very very well!!!

• Like 1

chef

Hehe! That is what we like to hear!

To bad you are havin to go through each image though.

nycbhoy

I ended up manually identifying a bunch of movies to get correct images to show. Library is good for time being so will see what happens with new movies as I add them. Not sure how f I should be doing something with SABNZBD to rename them in a way emby recognizes??

I recommend using Couch Potato to control your movie downloads and ingestion.  You can integrate it with SABNZBD to download the file, CouchPotato then picks it up, renames it and dumps it directly into a folder on your target movie share.  Emby will then scan it from there.  It's all automated, just need to add the movie you want into couchpotato.

The tut i used to get all of this going is here: http://htpcbuild.com/htpc-software/couchpotato/

drakus72

I ended up manually identifying a bunch of movies to get correct images to show. Library is good for time being so will see what happens with new movies as I add them. Not sure how f I should be doing something with SABNZBD to rename them in a way emby recognizes??

DO NOT use sab to rename, let couchpotato or I use sonarr for tv, let them do the renaming.

nycbhoy

Thanks. I do use couch potato although only for some movies. I tend to jump into sabnzbd on my iPhone and download most movies manually / directly without couch potato.

Use sickbeard for TV which seems to work fairly well but maybe I need to take another look at my setup.

deepseth

In the "metadata manager" use the "Advanced refresh button" after you have selected a top tier media item (ie. 'Movies').

You can also select the advanced refresh button from any of the child folders you have selected, as it will appear for every item in the metadata manager.

Thanks. Tried that before but will try again. Seems to start refreshing and I get the spinning wheel but then nothing seems to happen. Maybe I'm not giving it enough time.

Having a similar problem. A bunch of movies which correctly identified still lack some artwork, or have low resolution artwork downloaded.

Manually editing the movie, re-identifying with 'replace images' checkbox ticked, it then downloads the missing/low res poster in higher resolution, possibly more artwork.

Trying using the metadata manager and using the advanced refresh button to 'refresh all data' and 'replace existing images' on the root 'movies' folder, but it doesn't appear to have done anything. Manually done most of the movies I've noticed missing posters, but that doesn't cover movies that missed other artwork / have lower res artwork that I just haven't noticed yet. I've deliberately not updated one movie without poster manually at this point as my check to verify if the scans are doing anything.

I haven't got access to the logs from here but will have a look when I get home tonight if there's anything of interest in there.

Update: running server version 3.0.5621.4. I get a notification that there's a newer version available, but there doesn't appear to be an updated release in the Debian_8.0 repository, so "can't" update without doing it manually.

Edited by deepseth