MBT v Win 8 App....differences to expect.....?

simono5

simono5

I'm running Windows 8 with MBC installed as my main client.  I've also just installed MBT and testing/familiarising myself  with how it works.....really impressed so far.  The plug-ins really complete the client.

Having read that a Windows 8 app could be launched by the end of the year it just got me thinking what the main differences will be between the clients?  Excuse my ignorance but as I'm running Windows 8 would these two clients be pretty much the same thing?

swhitmore

Yeah, what Luke said. The Win8 app is great with touch. It's also a lot more minimal. There isn't as much info on the screen, which makes the art really pop. MBT is perfect for the TV, containing more info about what your watching etc. It also allows for plugins etc, where the WinRT app is standalone.

The two really compliment each other. I've been using both for awhile now. I love controlling MBT with the WinRT app.

yea i see great potential to compliment each other. you can have a win8 tile to launch mbt, and then you can have live tiles showing new content. that will very cool.