No Live TV Audio On Amazon Fire TV

Jeremy Frasier

Jeremy Frasier

Hi, as the topic states I have no audio with my live TV stream. The video playback is fine. I have verified I do have audio by opening the same channel in WMC and using the Android app and there is sound on both but still no sound using the Fire TV app. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hNxEUl6YzIQrOkWzeuFJOZ_EYPET7oSdgDMMLFlsZkk/edit?usp=sharing     

Sounds like this problem.  I believe it is a server or common lib problem and that Luke is aware of it.

Jeremy Frasier

Thanks for the quick response. i saw that thread and didn't know if my problem fit that category. The weird part is I get no transcode log no matter what Bitrate I use. I went back and looked at the transcode log I posted and the time it's from is when I was using my Android phone to watch TV since it has audio. 

Edited by Jeremy Frasier

Jeremy Frasier

Ok... So after some tinkering with the ServerWMC settings, for some reason under the HTTP Service tab the check boxes were checked so I unchecked them, and lowering the Bitrate to 2Mbits I now get this transcode log. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iiTqkqOWRUov-4AzaWVeA5lL_mE9pmD4ujYTT9n6-oo/edit?usp=sharing does it still sound like I'm in that same catergory? Just trying to make sure so I know what thread to follow for a resolution instead of keeping this one up if there is already one open. 

Edited by Jeremy Frasier

i would suggest keeping that setting on as playback will be more reliable. do you get sound on regular videos?

Jeremy Frasier

Yes, I get sound on regular videos. After some more testing, with the HTTP Service off I can only get video and sound at 720Kbits on WIFI and 1.5Mbits Wired. I get no video or sound on any other Bitrate. With the HTTP Service on I get Video on all Bitrates but no sound at all. Also, I only get a Transcode log with the HTTP Service off. 

Edited by Jeremy Frasier

It sounds to me like we are direct streaming those streams with an incompatible audio track.  So, it only works when you change something else (bitrate) that forces a transcode.

Jeremy Frasier

You guys can close this thread then and I'll follow the one in the comment that ebr posted.

Spaceboy

I think I'm seeing the same symptoms. Recently emby has stopped respecting the default audio track, I'm getting the audio described track all the time

I think I'm seeing the same symptoms. Recently emby has stopped respecting the default audio track, I'm getting the audio described track all the time

That doesn't sound like the same thing at all...