FireTV: Movie buffering problem?

Chuck

Chuck

I'm getting occasional movie stopping then restarting problem, and have seen complete freezing requiring restarting the Emby app and then having to click the continue button in the app to resume the movie.

Emby Server Version 3.0.5641.4.

Windows 8.1

Intel Core i7 X980 3.33 Ghz/12 MB Ram

Gigabit Network backbone

petelombardi69

I would power down FireTV and unplug the router for a few minutes to reset it. Sometimes the simplest solutions work. Good Luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Chuck

Will do ...

My question or providing that debug data is, will turning on the logging from the web client while the issue is being experienced on the Fire TV client once I first experience the issue catch what's going on?  Or, will this require leaving the debugger on for a while and wait to see if the error occurs (could be 2 hours of logging).  No big deal one way or another to me.  Would like to get you the info.

Chuck

I'm beginning to think that the server configuration changes I made to attempt to address the pixilation and frame freezes I was experiencing with LiveTV may have also resolved this challenge.  I haven't seen any issue since making the configuration chage.

Server:

Set the Remote client bitrate limit (Mbps) to 5

Disabled Transcoding Throttling

FireTV Client

Set the max bitrate to 30mbs

well the remote client bitrate is only applied for connections made outside of your home network. throttling is also not used with live tv.

drakus72

I have a Fire TV box and 4 sticks, either you have to love em or hate em and I love mine. I can't say that I haven't ever seen the problem you are having. My sticks are wireless and the box is direct wire.

You didn't mention if you are running wireless or if it is wired.

If it is wireless, try to change it from 2.4 ghz channel to the 5ghz channel and see if that helps.

Less traffic on 5ghz than 2.4 and it one of the original designs on the 5ghz is for streaming media

Chuck

well the remote client bitrate is only applied for connections made outside of your home network. throttling is also not used with live tv.

Interesting ... guess the gremlins decided to find another system to play.  Will post should the problem should re-appear.

Quick question ... so, what does the processor throttling impact?

Chuck

Interesting.

Not sure what the issue was then.  Seems to have stabilized.