Best TV card to use

wolf359

wolf359

Hi people

Having used MBT for a while now just for movies , music and tv shows, I have decided to move on to TV as well.

So would like to find out from the community which card you recommend. I have a Satellite dish and also would like to recieve HD as well. I live in the UK so will be receiving from the Sky Sat.

Thanks

Edited by wolf359

legallink

I'm not sure about UK, but I'm pretty sure that Emby TV is currently being tested on the Silicon Dust hardware.

JeremyFr79

Hi people

Having used MBT for a while now just for movies , music and tv shows, I have decided to move on to TV as well.

So would like to find out from the community which card you recommend. I have a Satellite dish and also would like to recieve HD as well. I live in the UK so will be receiving from the Sky Sat.

Thanks

Unfortunately TV will only work with Cable,IPTV, or Antenna.

wolf359

Ah so the Emby Tv does not pick up freesat then only free view? A Bit strange that as its only a different way if receiving the same transmission

JeremyFr79

Ah so the Emby Tv does not pick up freesat then only free view? A Bit strange that as its only a different way if receiving the same transmission

Possibly if you could find a satellite tuner card for your PC, but I've never seen them made before.

Spaceboy

I use tbs quad dvbs2 cards. Got a 6984 and 6985, I think I'm having a bit of trouble with the 6985, but I haven't confirmed yet. 6984 has been working solidly for a couple of years. If you want your sky sub in emby there's other software and hardware that you'll need. But you can receive 3 encrypted streams per transponder and unlimited unencrypted streams. Only limited by the number of transponders in use at one time

Also got 2x tbs 6284 for freeview HD giving me another 8 streams

Edited by Spaceboy
  • Like 1

Like spaceboy I use the 6984 from tbs. Great card. Works well with wmc, dvbviewer, nextpvr etc... Can't vouch with this plugin as I'm not at home

I'm selling my 6984 soon I think, I'll post the ebay link up here if you're interested??

benjamoomin

@@Spaceboy @@Lee I've been using a tbs dual S2 card (6982) successfully for a couple years with mediaportal. Have you managed to get it successfully setup for use with live tv in emby? Using mediaportal's tv server (with mpextended and the emby mediaportal plugin) works OK, but I've found out you can only have 1 client to connect.

Also does anyone know, will this embyTV plugin be able to use these internal cards in future? Or is the only only focus on streaming devices (eg hdhomerun)?

Thanks

Spaceboy

I'm using dvblink as the backend. It's certainly not perfect yet. A number of problems, may also recently have seen the one you are reporting.

HenryWaxmansNostrils

Hi take a look at blackgold.tv . I have the BGT3602 which has 2 free view hd and 2 freesat hd tuners been using in a passive cooled htpc for close to two years now and never had a problem it's rock solid. They do various other models also they're British made . Only used in WMC at the moment. Waiting for Emmy theatre to be updated before I try it.

The emby tv plugin looked like supporting dvbviewer as it makes tuners rtsp devices. I think a new plugin has been made for that...

Hi take a look at blackgold.tv . I have the BGT3602 which has 2 free view hd and 2 freesat hd tuners been using in a passive cooled htpc for close to two years now and never had a problem it's rock solid. They do various other models also they're British made . Only used in WMC at the moment. Waiting for Emmy theatre to be updated before I try it.

I would definitely not buy a blackgold card heard no end of bad reports on them... Just saying like!!