.strm files containing links to plugins

ursli

Hi there,

I see in the wiki that you support strm files, it seems like they only work for http links though. Is that intended? I tried to add the Blood and Chrome web series on youtube and ran into some trouble:

If I set "useDirectPaths" to true the episodes are not playable at all, I've checked the path in my video database and the problem is quite straight forward, it seems to cut part of the plugin path:

?video_id=pT79x4qM4FE

When it should be (thats what's in the strm file)

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=pT79x4qM4FE

When "useDirectPaths" is set to false I can playback the file but am not able to delete it, I can delete on local Kodi but get an error from the emby plugin, does not delete on the server. Kodi log file attached.

As I said I'm not sure if thats intended or a bug and how much work it would be to support this kind of action.

Edited by ursli

Angelblue05

.strm file only works if you do not use Direct paths. Direct paths is an option so you can start playback faster - by letting Kodi control the playback (you won't have access to any extra features, like strm, cinema experience, parental control etc etc.) It is only a useful option for low end device such as raspberry PI.

I think you should be able to delete the strm file however, while having DirectPath disabled (you'll have to do a reset resync of your library in Kodi). Are you able to capture the log of you trying to delete a strm file? Then we can see why it's not working, thank you. :)

xnappo

We use the Emby API to send the delete command.  Maybe it doesn't work for .strm files?

A server and kodi log from the time you try to delete will tell us what is going on.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

I think it should still work, because the strm file is an Emby item with an Emby Id, etc.

• Like 1

Found the problem, should've checked the server logs from the beginning instead of the kodi ones. I've updated emby-server on my htpc and /etc/default/emby-server got overwritten, I've changed the user emby-server runs under, so it was back to default "emby" for the user, which had no access to my files. So in actual fact I couldn't delete anything not only strm files, I just didn't notice because I didn't delete anything else yet. :)

edit: I can't use non direct paths on my htpc though, gotham doesn't seem to like that sadly. I guess thats what you get for using outdated software. :D

Edited by ursli
  • Like 2