Mark item "watched" across multiple users...

diaz1510

diaz1510

K...I started using the USer Accountsfeature recently and it's growing on me.  The wife and I can watch/track our seperate shows and if she watches somethign without me and I want ot watch it later, it doesn't disappear from Suggestions list.

BUT...it would be REAL cool if there was a way to easily mark a show watched in BOTH user accounts if we happen to watch something together, which we do often as well...

I mean, I guess you can log out of one account, log into the other and mark it watched...but maybe adding a check box for which accounts to add it to the watched list...IDK...

• Like 4

AdrianW

Which client are you using? 

Emby for WMC has an "also here" function - to you tell it which users are watching together, and both users' watched statuses will be updated.

Not sure if this feature has been implemented in other clients though.

Edited by AdrianW

• 10 months later...

This is a good idea. It isnt that hard to implement either. How come more TV based clients dont offer this feature? Only WMC, kodi, and roku include it. Android(firetv/ATV), tvOS and Theater are missing this function. Having this feature on TV based apps should be mandatory. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Honestly it just hasn't been on the top of priority lists because, while it is a good feature, in practice, it is rarely used.  It requires you to take specific action before watching anything to designate who is in the room and most people just never remember to do that.  I implemented the feature and I even forget to do it most times I'm watching something with my kids.

It will be much more useful when we have the hardware available to automatically determine who is in the room (like an xbone).

But, it is still on the list of nice-to-haves in the apps and will make it in there eventually.

techywarrior

I don't even think the feature works in all the clients anyway. I use it in WMC and it never marks the movies as watched for my girlfriend's user even though I select her as an additional user when I log in (using Square theme in case it's a theme bug).

• 2 years later...