Recently Added Option - Don't list episodes already in the library where the quality was upgraded

smidley

smidley

Not sure if this should be requested for Emby server, or for Emby for Kodi.  I would like some kind of option to allow users to choose weather or not they get updated quality videos listed under recently added items.  Example:  I have season 1 of show X in SD quality.  I update the quality of those episodes to HD quality.  Now all those episodes show up in my recently added shows.  They still have a watched status.  Can I make it so that I only get a list of what episodes were actually recently added?  Does Emby know what date I added the episode to my database?

I tried going another route - go into recently added, then in the view options, list only unwatched episodes.  However, this option sticks for all media of that type, so if I go back into just TV, it only lists unwatched episodes and I have to toggle it back to listing "all".

Angelblue05

You need to change the behavior server side. The only reason this is happening is because your server is treating quality upgrades as new content.

558397a691b09_dateadded.jpg

Instead of using file creation date, use date scanned.

smidley

I got excited because I hadn't seen that setting before.  Then I went to check it and it was already set to date scanned... Maybe there is a bug in the server software?  I'm using the latest beta build.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Interesting..... Does it show as recently added in your webclient? This should confirm is the problem is server side or our side. Thanks :)

smidley

It looks like it's showing in Latest Episodes in Emby server.

Edited by smidley

Angelblue05

Then your issue is server side. Once it is fixed, it should correct what you see in recently added on Kodi. :) If it helps, I do not have this issue, using Windows 7.