M8 Box no display and wont reset

FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

Hi about 6 or 7 months I purchased an M8 TV box, it has worked fine ... I haven't messed around with it but my daughter unplugged it to take up to her room and since it has come back I get no display (it doesn't seem to boot) I have a blue light as well as no display the remote control wont seem to send the box to standby either.

I have not tried to upgrade anything unless it tried to do something automatically so I thought I would try resetting it so I pushed a match stick into the AV socket and feel the reset click (hold it in and put the power cable in) but still nothing displays.

It is seeing something as the HDMI detects the Video (and displays the HDMI and the Htz rating on my daughters TV it says 60).

Really baffling me .... tried the obvious different TV, Ports and cables .....

Any Ideas as I loved this box and used it a lot .... Is there someway that I can rebuild by SD card without getting into the Reset Menu ? or Rebuild using SD boot or something ?

Any Help Appreciated

Heuer

"If you hold in the Rest Button and wait until the screen flickers from black to white, then release the toothpick it will then go into the normal factory mode and the Jelly Bean Android is now alive and kicking .On the MX MX2 it was around 45 seconds before it flicked , on the M6 and M8 it was around 10-20 seconds . when it loaded they was all back to normal with the XMBC helper and apps." 

Not tried it myself but worth giving it a go. You could try looking here: http://jugglingfrogs.co.uk/jfrogsupport/index.php and here: http://droidboxforums.com/

Edited by Heuer