Emby server vs Media browser server

rchevere

rchevere

Hi. I'm using Version 3.0.5641.4 and Control panel show emby server and media browser server entries intalled at the same time. If I try to uninstall any of them the uninstall program just stop working.

5581529ae42bc_screen.jpg

If I go directly to C:\Users\MC Family\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server there is only Media browser, no Emby.

558154d289b2e_screen2.jpg

I include the last two Logs. Also, My collection section don't show the images or any info about the movies and hang if I try to click over that section. 

server-63570076592.txt

server-63570095999.txt

Tolerant

No offense to anyone, but when you change a program's name it really helps if you update that change across all versions of the software not just in logo's but in paths and data storage etc. Right now, it feels very wonky to keep seeing 'EMBY' but half of the references to it and paths for data are 'Media Browser' etc.. tighten that stuff up!

the paths used do have emby but only for fresh new installations. we're not going to attempt to move or rename existing folders as that's too risky.

And also, this is a community project. You are welcome to install test builds and participate in the alpha area to help find these kinds of things so that they're fixed before being released. It is a much more constructive way for you to help out as opposed to coming in here after the fact and basically telling us we're all buffoons :)

• Like 2

rchevere

Ok, lets try again this. My problems are:

1 - Both Emby server and Media Browser server showing up in my programs list

2 - I can't delete neither with the uninstall software and

3 - None of them work

Any help?

rchevere

Also if I delete the system file and try to do a clean installation the new way to connect my server to my account stay in a loop asking for preferred language and don't progress from there.

rchevere
MediaBrowser.Uninstaller has stopped working and this the problem it report:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: mediabrowser.uninstaller.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0

Problem Signature 03: 5563943b

Problem Signature 04: System

Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.17929

Problem Signature 06: 4ffa5c88

Problem Signature 07: 3fd6

Problem Signature 08: 2a9

Problem Signature 09: System.ComponentModel.Win32

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

rchevere

Well, I flush the dns, I try to reinstall the software, I can't login  to my server because don't go beyond the language selection. What else is left? Do I have to format the computer and star again? 

rchevere

Ok. I obliterate the browsing data and got inside. Now I don't have my support key, therefore can't restore my system with the backup utility. What's next?

jayTcold

OP:

This same issue happened to me a while back. Here's what I did to fix it:

Backup whatever you'd like to keep (IBN folder, etc.)

Manually delete the Media Browser and Emby folders from your file system

Reboot

D/L and install CCleaner: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Run CCLeaner. Clean your Registry first, then clean Windows/Applications

Reboot

Check Add/Remove programs again. If the entries still appear, then click them. You should receive a message stating something to the effect of: "...can't find program...would you like to delete the entry from the programs list...?". Click "Yes" to that message.

Reboot

D/L, and install, the latest version of Emby server

If you did back up your IBN folder, then copy it into: C:\Users\Justin\yourname\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\metadata

Basically, what you're doing with CCLeaner is killing any old references to MB/Emby that are floating around your system.

Hope this helps...fingers crossed : - )

rchevere

Ok. The backup utility work even when it said I need a key. So my system is restoring everything now. My supporter key is back, my configuration is back also. I'm happy now. Thanks for your help and support guys! I hope everything run well. I will update as soon as the system finish scanning my files.

• Like 1

rchevere

Update: Everything look ok except for the fact that the collection don't show any information and if I select any collection it freeze.

558461eac472b_screen.jpg

I uninstall and reinstall the Auto Box Sets without success. Any recommendation?

rchevere

Sorry. When I select any blank space where the image of the collection is suppose to be, a spinning circle show but nothings happens and I can't either go back to the main menu or access the dashboard. I verify manually the presence of the collection and all the information in the files at C:\Users\MC Family\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\collections. Everything is there but Emby just don't load it.

rchevere

update: I find Emby was mark as not trusted by Norton Security. I trusted manually and I'm running a library scan from Emby. I'll keep my finger cross. Also thanks to jayTcold, I finally got rid of the entries for old files let behind by previous installations in my registry.

Edited by rchevere

rchevere

Ok, no luck. The web client don't work. Keep giving the rotating circle like looking for something. So I give up. I just going to wait for another version to come up.

rchevere

:mellow: Ok. I found that the web client wasn't working with my music files. I have no clue why but after I eliminate the access to my music files and only access the movies the program start working again. All I know is that this start happening with the server Version 3.0.5641.4

Just in case this matter I found in my C; directory an EMBY and Media Browser server files and I don't know if this is suppose to be there (both at the same time). Both with identical structure and content.

For those who have Norton, verify that the program is mark as trusted or the web client just not going to work.

Thank for your support  :)

P.S. If you still don't have the plugin Server Configuration Backup get it now. It saves a lot of headaches!!

Edited by rchevere