1.0.8 Problem with theme musics

denethor

denethor

I think I found a bug with 1.0.8 Theme music support. It only happen movies with special characters in their original name. Here is the sample from movie nfo file in movie folder. Notice the ":"

moviename.nfo

<title>The Hunger Games: Catching Fire</title>
  <originaltitle>The Hunger Games: Catching Fire</originaltitle>
movie.xml

<LocalTitle>The Hunger Games: Catching Fire</LocalTitle>
This results below log in Kodi during initial "Sync Themes" action.I think Add-on tries to create folder with invalid chars.

21:10:25 T:3312   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.emby\library\The Hunger Games: Catching Fire\

21:10:25 T:3312   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>

Error Contents: (22, "invalid mode ('w') or filename", 'C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.emby\\library\\The Hunger Games: Catching Fire\\tvtunes.nfo')

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\default.py", line 45, in <module>

entrypoint.getThemeMedia()

File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\Entrypoint.py", line 184, in getThemeMedia

nfo_file = open(nfo_path, 'w')

IOError: (22, "invalid mode ('w') or filename", 'C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.emby\\library\\The Hunger Games: Catching Fire\\tvtunes.nfo')

-->End of Python script error report<--

21:10:25 T:14144   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.emby/?mode=thememedia

21:10:25 T:14144   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.emby/?mode=thememedia) failed

21:10:25 T:14808  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false

Edit: Functionality looks fine for the synced titles. Playback starts rapidly (theme musics synced with direct play option) and music fades out nicely after scrolling through the other titles in poster view.

Edited by denethor
  • Like 1

denethor

This will be fixed in next version 1.0.09. Thank you for testing! :)

1.0.9 fixed the issue with ":" but this time It got stuck on movies with "." in their names. This time it was able to create folder in userdata folder. But somehow I cannot delete or modify the contents of folder that created by add-on.

I' ve noticed another problem with this movies the original movie file name. It was Monsters Inc..mkv (double .) Now I've renamed the file to "Monsters Inc.mkv". But Add-on sync still fails since the corrupted folder created in the first run.

21:39:48 T:20436  NOTICE: Utils -> Path to Video database: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database\MyVideos93.db
21:39:51 T:20644   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.emby\\library\\Monsters Inc.\\tvtunes.nfo')
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\default.py", line 45, in <module>
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\Entrypoint.py", line 193, in getThemeMedia
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.emby\\library\\Monsters Inc.\\tvtunes.nfo')
21:39:51 T:19992   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.emby/?mode=thememedia
21:39:51 T:19992   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.emby/?mode=thememedia) failed
21:39:51 T:20732  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false

denethor

No matter what I did I cannot delete the below folder created by add-on :) I tried chkdsk, several eraser utilities etc. Non of them worked

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.emby\library\Monsters Inc.\
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Oh my, ok. Thanks for reporting again, I will fix this asap. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

denethor

OK found the way to delete it. Oldschool worked once again B)

c:\dir /X

get the long file name in a shot name format (MONSTE~2 in this case)

c:\rmdir MONSTE~2

Viola! Folder got deleted.

Edited by denethor

Angelblue05

Whew ty for this. I will review and push another fix for trailing period as they will break things :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

@@denethor

Ok - Can you give this build a try?

All you do is install from zip > restart Kodi and try again. Thank you for helping out on this. :)

denethor

Ok; this time we have a Mortal Combat style combo hit "." and ":" at time same title  :D I'm warning you @@Angelblue05 I have 2100 titles in my library B)

Add-on couldn' t create a folder in userdata\addon_data

09:01:06 T:6672   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.emby\library\Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb\
09:01:06 T:6672   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Contents: (22, "invalid mode ('w') or filename", 'C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.emby\\library\\Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb\\tvtunes.nfo')
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\Entrypoint.py", line 193, in getThemeMedia
                                            IOError: (22, "invalid mode ('w') or filename", 'C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.emby\\library\\Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb\\tvtunes.nfo')
09:01:06 T:7304   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.emby/?mode=thememedia
09:01:06 T:7304   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.emby/?mode=thememedia) failed

Movie file on file system:

"\\hostname\movies\Dr.Strangelove\Dr. Strangelove.mkv" 

Localtitle tag in movie.xml:

<LocalTitle>Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb</LocalTitle>

Edited by denethor
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

@@denethor

Thank you very much for your patience. Can you try this build? I've tried with the title  you've encountered and it was fine. So hopefully it's good this time! :D

denethor

Now it's time for something even more weird :D

Folder created by add-on. Notice the strange "dot"

"c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.emby\library\WALL·E" 
12:00:42 T:9088   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.emby\\library\\WALL\xc2\xb7E\\tvtunes.nfo')
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.emby\\library\\WALL\xc2\xb7E\\tvtunes.nfo')
12:00:42 T:9052   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.emby/?mode=thememedia
12:00:42 T:9052   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.emby/?mode=thememedia) failed
12:00:42 T:2288  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false

File name

\\hostname\movies\Wall-E\Wall-E.mkv

movie.xml

<LocalTitle>WALL·E</LocalTitle>
Edited by denethor
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok. :( Back to the drawing board!

@@denethor

I am very confident that it's good now. Please try with the next version 1.0.10 which should be out soon. Thanks!!! :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

denethor

I am very confident that it's good now.

Sorry man, I warned you I have 2100 items to deal with.  It won't be finished until I say so :D

Now it's  "," and "?"s turn.

Add-on couldn' t create a folder in userdata\addon_data

File Path

"\\hostname\movies\O Brother Where Art Thou" 

movie.xml

<LocalTitle>O Brother, Where Art Thou?</LocalTitle>

Error

T:9428   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.emby\library\O Brother, Where Art Thou?\
19:55:27 T:9428   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Contents: (22, "invalid mode ('w') or filename", 'C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.emby\\library\\O Brother, Where Art Thou?\\tvtunes.nfo')
                                            IOError: (22, "invalid mode ('w') or filename", 'C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.emby\\library\\O Brother, Where Art Thou?\\tvtunes.nfo')
19:55:27 T:5268   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.emby/?mode=thememedia
19:55:27 T:5268   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.emby/?mode=thememedia) failed
Edited by denethor
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

It's ok. We'll get it right. :) never give up, never surrender! Hah

At least, we are doing a little better each time?

Edit: Well turns out it would have failed in TV Tunes because we use the exact same filter as TV Tunes and they don't remove "?". I believe the comma is fine but I will have to check out with Rob over at TV Tunes.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

denethor

I can't get the 1.0.13 update. I also tried to force to Kodi to search for updates. But 1.0.10 is the latest in the report.

I also checked the repo xml file,could find the 1.0.13 in there

http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/addons.xml

im85288

Yes there's something up with the beta repo as no updates have been pushed there since version 1.0.10

Unfortunately it is out of my hands. You could try install from GitHub for now.

denethor

Yes there's something up with the beta repo as no updates have been pushed there since version 1.0.10

Unfortunately it is out of my hands. You could try install from GitHub for now.

Yep already the did that. Your were faster than me, I couldn't edit my previous post :)

And @@Angelblue05 you got your good news B)  1.0.13 and 5.0.1.a solved the problem.

And even the video themes working fine. Only annoyance is theme video doesn't stop while you are moving across the library items.

Edited by denethor
  • Like 1

im85288

Yeah I've experienced that occasionally too, be sure to report it in the TV tunes thread as video theme support has only just been added and I think emby users are the only ones testing that feature so he will not get big reports from other users or check this thread :)

• Like 1