OT: Backwards compatibility Xbox one to Xbox 360

chef

jamvids

I have heard leaks of Red Dead 2...

I can't wait, I only need red dead, and star wars battlefront and my 4 game collection is complete.

chef

I can't wait, I only need red dead, and star wars battlefront and my 4 game collection is complete.

The latest Battlefront trailer looks aammazing....

That game will be so epic, I might stop playing GTA for bit. :)

BATTLE DONKEY

I don't have high hopes for backwards compatibility for the Xbox, the 360 also promised backwards compatibility but in the end because of publisher, developer, music, and all other in between parties and licence agreements the list of supported games was pretty slim and I think it will be the same this time around

techywarrior

I don't have high hopes for backwards compatibility for the Xbox, the 360 also promised backwards compatibility but in the end because of publisher, developer, music, and all other in between parties and licence agreements the list of supported games was pretty slim and I think it will be the same this time around

Yea, that's always the problem with these things. Developer/publisher licensing (and sometime in game music). It's not like people are going to really buy those old games. And even if they did there aren't that many that are still in production. It's more the games that are still on the shelf from the initial, or previous, runs. So not a ton of incentive for the publishers.

Maybe we'll get some more of these compilation games though (like Rare Replay). Or add-on bonuses (like Fallout 3 if you buy Fallout 4). That would be one way the publishers could make money. So people that have the original game get to play it but if you don't they could sell you a bundle etc. Bioshock 1/2 & Infinity all on 1 disc for $40 etc.

FrostByte

Just got an email today $100 trade in for a 360 toward a XB1 and they still have the $5 trade in for 360 games .  I just might have to do it for the new 1TB version of XB1 coming out with Halo 5.  I would rather have a second XB1 than a 360 I never use any more

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

CBers

@@FrostByte - you'll you need the discs if you want to play them on the Xbox One though, won't you ??

Isn't that how M$ are validating ownership etc. ??

FrostByte

I think this is more of a physical trade in thing where you give up your old system or game toward a new one vs the other deal mentioned where you get $5 off a new version if you already have an older one

http://view.email.microsoftemail.com/?j=fe9617757767067b71&m=fe60157076610d7b7513&ls=fe2110717c6c0d7a761170&l=fec21c767365017e&s=fe2612737d63017e701474&jb=ff6315737d&ju=fe611373706005797617&r=0

• Like 1

techywarrior

@@FrostByte - you'll you need the discs if you want to play them on the Xbox One though, won't you ??

Isn't that how M$ are validating ownership etc. ??

Yes, if you have a physical disc then even after you "install" the game to the Xbox One hard drive you will need to insert the disc to authorize. Digital games will authorize via the internet based on your account like Xbox One digital games.

Just got an email today $100 trade in for a 360 toward a XB1 and they still have the $5 trade in for 360 games .  I just might have to do it for the new 1TB version of XB1 coming out with Halo 5.  I would rather have a second XB1 than a 360 I never use any more

Best Buy was/is offering $175 in trade for a working Xbox 360 and I was tempted to do it when MS announced the backward compatibility but without knowing when/if my Xbox 360 games are actually going to be compatible I am hesitant. Also, I still use the Xbox 360 as a Media Center Extender sometimes so sort of need the Emby Xbox One app to exist before I really feel comfortable selling the 360.

• Like 1

trooper11

I hope you guys are voting for the games you want to see added to the backwards compatible list the earliest:

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503

You can also use that list to find out which games will never be possible due to requiring peripherals (guitar hero) or licensing (such as Marvel games). You can vote for as many games as you want and the Xbox team will update the listings there as they are added to the list officially. The current 21 titles supported for preview users is reflected in the list.

techywarrior

Damn, first Deathsquirrel basically rewrites what I wrote 3 posts earlier and now Trooper does. Don't you guys read the old posts in the thread? :P

At least Trooper expanded on what I wrote. lol

trooper11

lol man I'm sorry.

I have read so many threads about this that I have forgotten what has been said where. I definitely remember your post though. Still, nothing wrong with reminding everyone lol

chef

I hate you :angry

lol

Soooooo funny Techywarrior! Brilliant! Lol! I am not sure if I should mention also that there is a website where you can vote for Xbox 360 games you would like to see compatible with Xbox one.

I just can't seem to remember what the link is for the site...

Does anyone know the link? Or has anyone else heard about this yet?

;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Xzener

Wait, what... Backwards compatibility.... YeeeaaaahhHHH!!! ITS ABOUT TIME!!

LOL.

• Like 1

CBers

@@CBers they still do the $5 upgrade to Minecraft for Xbox One if you own it on Xbox 360 and use the same Xbox Live account.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/minecraft-xbox-one-edition

Thanks Techy - purchased it (£3.59) and my daughter is very happy :)

Need to figure out how to get her Xbox 360 worlds onto the Xbox One version.

Must be an upload somewhere in the game options on the 360.