Server becomes unresponsive multiple times a day

jj12345
Go to solution Solved by jj12345,

jj12345

Running version 3.0.5621.4 on Windows 8.1 as a service.  It's been working fine for a while but I think perhaps this most recent version is causing some problems.  Multiple times a day the Emby service becomes unresponsive.  Not recognized as available in Roku and dashboard will not load.  When I try to stop the service it fails to stop and I am left with no choice but to end the task and restart the service.

Works fine for 30-240 minutes and then just stops working again.

Looking for any insight as to what I can do here.

server-63569720503-unresponsive.txt

jj12345

@@ebr - probably... I hadn't thought it could be the client but 99% of our media usage is with the Roku client so there is certainly a chance that it's the same issue.

jj12345

Adding to the Roku channel as the possible cause a few times while watching the Roku device ends up doing a hard restart and then the Emby service is inevitably down.  The Roku restart doesn't happen every time the Emby service becomes unresponsive.... only maybe 10% of the time but it's never happened until recently.

I've disconnected all the Roku devices in the house and am hooking a laptop up to the main TV and will use the Windows 8 app or the web client for a few days to verify the Roku as the culprit. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
jj12345

After several days of all Roku clients unplugged and using the web client only the server never stopped responding and within 10 minutes of starting to use the Roku again the server did stop responding and needed and end-task/restart so I consider this thread closed as a non-server issue and will have to try and figure out what the issue might be through this thread: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/22103-roku-keeps-crashing-server/page-2