Support for Kodi/Advanced Launcher Game Artwork Naming

c0m3r

c0m3r

As we currently have server support for Kodi naming conventions for various media formats, would it be possible to add support for the Kodi Advanced Launcher/Rom Collection Browser naming conventions for games as well? Considering the growing popularity of the Emby for Kodi addon it makes sense to cover as much as possible.

Currently, Emby saves cover art and disc art etc. as the usual poster.jpg and backdrop.jpg file types however Kodi does this differently and mainly uses the 'title_thumb.jpg' and 'title_fanart.jpg' conventions. This means that I am having to have duplicate images for all my 2000+ games or manually add in the images which is an insanely tedious task.

If the server could give us the option of saving to these conventions as well as it does with movies, tv shows etc. that would be great. Let me know if you need a list of all the relevant image names but as above its pretty self explanatory.

c0m3r

Just realised this should have been in the Feature Request section. Could a mod please move. Sorry.

c0m3r

Having looked I think advanced launcher only supports what it calls thumbs and fanart. The thumb is used as the cover and the fanart as the backdrop as per my original post.

Thumbs should be in the format 'title_thumb.jpg' and fanart in the format 'title_fanart.jpg'. Have attached a screenshot of my directory following an image fetch in advanced launcher. Thanks

557b14bb668ea_Untitled.png