TV episodes not showing

Luke

Here are some examples:

131109.무한도전 「무한도전 관상 특집」.H264.AAC.720p-CineBus.mp4

131116.무한도전 「관상 - 왕 게임」.H264.AAC.720p-CineBus.mp4

크리스마스특집 유희열의 스케치북.E33.091225.HDTV.XViD-DokGoDie.avi

유희열의 스케치북.E48.소녀시대, 뜨거운감자, 박새별, 데프콘(wiht 김도향), 태사비애.100507.HDTV.XviD-OnTV.avi

Must I follow the SXXEXX convention for all the episodes?

Many of the shows do not have seasons, and not even episode numbers as you can see that they are numbered by date being aired.

After the server update, tv episodes that did not have a matching meta data are all gone from view.

I have a few TV shows, that are not present in tvdb and thus do not have any meta data associated to it. I had manually added folder images and was able to view the filenames as the title of each episode. However, after the server update, all these episodes are gone from view.

528bde747b1a6_b.jpg

The episodes are still there as I can access them by searching for them. However, they do not show up under the season view.

528bde3c55d01_a.jpg

Is there a setting that I could change to have them reappear? Or do I need to create metadata for all the episodes manually?

Thanks!!

Edited by thoror

As there was a server update this morning, I went ahead and checked if this problem was resolved. I would say 50% has been solved. For TV shows that do not have any metadata existing in tvdb, it is fixed completely. However, for shows with partial data, it seems there are more corner cases that needs to be taken care of.

For example, infinity challenge season 5:

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=248678&seasonid=488122&lid=7

There are a total of 43 episodes, and only three have the field 'Originally Aired' filled in. These are the only three episodes that are appearing in the web client and MBT. For the android client (RC5), when pressing upon season 5, it would just hang and crash.

Furthermore, this particular program is broadcasted every week, with no season concept in mind. I guess someone divided seasons based on the year it was broadcasted. The problem is, the show is still running and if the same criteria were to be used, we would be in season 9 right now (edit: actually it should be season 8 but it is irrelevant to this discussion). However, there does not exist any entry for season 9 or even 8 in tvdb. And if you guessed it, no episodes show up under season 9 in MB. However, as you can see in the images below, i have 4 episodes under season 9.

52923dd350a9d_Untitled1.jpg

52923dfb3eb48_Untitled2.png

Edited by thoror

do all of the seasons have season numbers? what happens if you edit a season and fill in the number?

dr.radwa

in my case all the seasons have season numbers as they are mostly season 1 or 2

5294a99b9fca8_1.png

5294a8918fa25_2.png

the episodes that show are the ones with the tag originally aired only

5294a92ac672c_3.png

They all have season numbers. I tried removing the season number at the season level (so the episodes still have a season number), and all the items appeared (including missing episodes regardless of the setting to show missing episodes or not).  When I put the season number back, the episodes disappeared again.

Edited by thoror

Migmac04

I can confirm this issue with a new tv show I just added. The show is Globe Trekker and MBS only displays the episodes that have the field air date filled (release date in MBS). If the release date field is empty (as this show is in TVDB), the episodes arent displayed inside their season - they are recognized as episodes for that season but are not displayed. After editing release date field in MBS they automatically will display.