Service Updating

Wheemer

Wheemer

Even the normal updater does not work.

If I stop the service and launch the systray it comes up saying restart to apply update. I hit restart and nothing happen besides the systray is quit.

It does not restart at all. And after I start the systray again it says restart to apply update.

So I guess there is no point in trying to update to the DEV edition.

FrostByte

Auto update has never worked when running as a service and may never do so as it isn't supported and the developers mentioned the difficulties in programming this.

After updating Emby it always starts the icon in the systray and you have to kill it before restarting the service manually.   I would be happy if the updater would just be smart enough to recognize that if you have "Run server at startup" unchecked that it would also NOT start the systray icon after updating.   A simple popup saying it's done and I need to manually restart the service (or icon) would be suffice since I've already told it not to restart in the options.  Or, do nothing at all after updating for those who want to run a headless system and restart the service remotely.  Unfortunately that's not the case.

Also, if running as a service I wouldn't recommend being on the developer builds.  They happen too often to go through all that.  Best to stay running the systray icon if on developer builds I feel

Edited by FrostByte

Wheemer

I am aware that updating is broken when running as a service. I did manually stop the service and launched the try app. Then I figured updating should work fine. However it does not work at all like I mentioned.

Wheemer

In fact even the update from running the system try doesn't seem to work. The progress that comes up never changes and nothing actually updates.

I had to quit the system tray and update manually to the latest beta.