FFMPEG not releasing after Live TV stops

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the server section or the Roku section so I am starting here since this only seems to happen via the Roku and not via my Android tablet.

Whenever I stop a Live TV stream on my Roku 3 ffmpeg either takes up to 5 minutes to stop or doesn't stop at all and I end up having to go into my server computer to manually kill the process and then delete the files from my transcoding folder as they also do not get deleted on their own.

Here is the server log and transcoder log from when I just tried this:

transcode-3c06917f-4c98-4af6-adb7-cc6547a0cd43.txt

server-63569539864.txt

I am running my server on Windows 8.1, Dev version 3.0.5639.15983 (I verified this is also happening on the current Stable version as well as I just installed the Dev version this morning to see if it would fix this problem)

This does not seem to happen when just playing files on the Roku app, just when I use Live TV. I am running NextPVR on my server machine with the plugin in the server.

I am not sure if you need some other log as well (I have no idea how to get a Roku log if such a thing exists).

-Jason

Edited by jasonmcroy

it depends on how you stop. if you stop gracefully then the server gets the stop command immediately. if you stop in a way that the roku app is not able to detect, then it has to wait for the server's idle timer to fire and that can take a couple minutes or more.

jasonmcroy

Ok, I will try different ways to stop it.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

jasonmcroy

Well, now I cannot get the stream to make it to the Roku. I see my tuner light come on at the hdhr prime unit, the screen shows it trying to buffer, then it goes back to the previous screen, yet the light stays on. I go back to my computer and see ffmpeg still running in the task manager. I let it sit for 10 minutes and finally killed it manually.

Something is going wrong.